Thank you for being there

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 24. Aug 2016, 04:58 in Community Chit-chat archive
It's now 6 months since my partner John passed away. My Forum Family has kept me sane during that time. I have had fantastic support and, to be honest, without that support, I wonder if I'd have got through these last few months. Thank you.

Sorry I've been AWOL lately. Last week was awful for me as the 16th was 6 months to the day when John dropped to the floor in front of me in A&E when the pulmonary embolism generated his cardiac arrest and all that followed. Yesterday (21st) was 6 months since John actually died.

I wasn't in the right frame of mind last week to post, but I have been reading. My emotions and mood were all over the place last week and I just focussed on getting through one day at a time.

Thanks again. Couldn't have done it without you all.

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I think we all know how hard things have been for you, Grace - not only in the loss of John, but with all the practical stuff that needs to be done.

There's no time limit on grief, and the shared milestones will come along to make you feel raw again - this is entirely normal.

I, too, find forum members ultra-supportive, so if you have gained comfort from posting on here the members must be doing something right.

It's not always possible to post - we all have our dark days when we just want to shut ourselves away from everything and everyone. We'll be here if you need us.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Hugs . (((()))) mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    There is absolutely no obligation to post on here, grace, when times are tough. We all take time out when life dictates that it's necessary. You have coped remarkably well. Please don't put yourself under any unnecessary pressure. ((( )))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    I agree with SW there is no obligation to post..just as long as we know how you are from time to time..(()) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Thanks for your replies. As always, such kindness ...

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Grace - this forum is a special place :)

Everyone supports one another in times of need and you have really, really had a rough time :( You have been amazing these last 6 months.

They did it for me when my youngest was diagnosed with leukaemia.

As usual sending you love and strength. ((()))

Love

Toni xxx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Grace, we are here when you need us in bad times and good, that is what a family is. We may not be blood related but we all still have one thing in common and it begins with 'A'!
    Losing a close family member is hard, it's like having your heart ripped out and a lot of us have also been through this so know exactly what you are going through. There's no time limit to get over this horrific loss so come back when you feel ready but know when you do we will be here with open arms to give you a massive hug (((()))) .