Hey

Sars4185
Sars4185 Member Posts: 34
edited 5. Sep 2016, 11:07 in Say Hello Archive
Wanted to say hello , i had # rt patella 9 yrs ago, was a keen runner with a few falls to my rt knee. I now have OA grade 3 to rt knee. Its affecting my job as a nurse and life due to the pain ! Had steroid injections which don't work now talking of partial knee replacement but consultant reluctant to due to my age being under 50. Any advice would be great . I used to ba an active person , i try to be but the pain makes it hard.

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Sars4185 and a warm welcome form me
    There have been quite a few people on that have been told they are to young for a TKR ..it makes sense to hold off for has long as possible.due to having to have another one later on would be much more complex..but pain is pain and we did have one lady in her 40s that had a partial knee replacement..it must be so frustrating for you..I feel lucky that I got to my mid 50s before I was diagnosed..if you use the panel at the top of the forum that should bring up some info...good luck with everything..
    Love
    Barbara
  • barbara12
    oops just seen your other thread...sorry...
    Love
    Barbara
  • Sars4185
    Thanks Barbara X it's the pain that gets me down , I hate taking pain killers but it's becoming to be my norm and ice x
  • barbara12
    The pain is always the thing that gets us down..like you I was very fit now I have had 2 new hips and waiting for an op on my back thats if I agree...I say pain is pain when they say you are to young to have the new knee..so you keep on at them..
    Love
    Barbara
  • Sars4185
    Thankyou Barbara . I have just ome back from a week away in the sun,it really helped my knee didnt have any pain! First day back in th UK hello Mr pain ! Are you still trying to be active ? I gobto the gym 3 times a week but i used to love running which i havent done in a long time . I am finding it harder to be active due to the pain but i am trying not to gain weight as i know this will be harder on the knees .
    Thanks sara