Hello

Options
Scampdog
Scampdog Member Posts: 43
edited 29. Aug 2016, 06:13 in Say Hello Archive
found a forum where I have lots in common with people "pain" LOL !! sounds awful but you have to laugh to keep sane don't you ? , currently in plaster right hand after Trapeziectomy ! forgive spelling mistakes if any ?, had five operations on right foot due to OA now have nuts bolts and bone graft in that too, after a prior experimental metal joint failed !, lots of OA too !, at the moment being one handed is a total pain cant take normal swelling drugs so hand is hot and awdward, go on Friday to get my half cast and dressing looked at cant come soon enough ! enough moaning ....time to sruggle trying to get undressed !!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Scampdog & welcome to the forums.

Sorry to hear you're in pain but yes, we understand only too well what that entails. Do take time to read around current posts: as you can see from searching the forums there's quite a lot of recent experience with having a trapeziectomy:

http://tinyurl.com/hdjrj93

The web site also has a good section on coping with pain and has a useful booklet you can download.

https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/managing-arthritis/coping-with-pain

I look forward to reading your posts on the forums
    Bryn
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Hello scampdog and welcome from me, too.

I'm sorry you're in so much pain and seem to have had post-op problems but, yes, you've come to the right place. On here we can both sympathise and empathise.

My OA is due to my RA. I've had new knees and hips but my feet are – though not exactly as nature intended :roll: – still all my own. Many days, I wish they were someone else's :lol:

You are in luck, of a kind, as 'megrose' has also just had a trapeziectomy. You can find her thread(s) on the Living With Arthritis forum. She's one of our regulars and I'm sure she'll be happy to exchange 'progress notes'.

Good luck with it all and I hope to see you on the other forums :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and I hope you find the forum to be of interest. We are all in similar boats on here, all living with the vagaries of our conditions, so we understand all too well the challenges of life. I began with PsA back in 1997 and that has led to OA (diagnosed in 2011). I have had a number of operations on my knees but one of the most challenging was a double carpal tunnel - I was without both hands for a while but the time passed, it always does: it's waiting for it to pass which is the tricky bit. :wink:

I hope your recovery goes well, keep in touch and let us know how you're getting on. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben