Exhausted now & Pocket Duties for Bailey please

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 2. Sep 2016, 03:09 in Community Chit-chat archive
Am exhausted now after my weekend away in Cambridgeshire. Had a good time although my friend's dog (Bailey who's nearly 10 and a Cocker Spaniel) had to be taken to the vet Saturday and has been diagnosed with pancreatitis. Poor Bailey has been on a drip, numerous meds and they're still waiting to see how things go. Blood tests will be re-done (tomorrow I think) to see if his blood tests are more normal. There is a small chance of a worst case scenario which, if that's the case, will be the worst news they can get as they lost their other dog last year. I'm sure you can guess what worst case could be. So positive thoughts please for Bailey if you don't mind.

As is the way of these things, I was on my feet too much Friday & Saturday and have been paying the price since. If any of you want fried eggs let me know and I'll fry them on my knees! :lol: My neck has decided to go back into spasms as well, just for the sheer fun of it. :roll:

Coming home my journey was impacted by the M20 closure, but thankfully my Satnav guided me down the M2 and the traffic was mercifully not too bad. It took a bit longer than usual but I stopped at the services by Dartford for a stagger and must have looked like a 90 year old getting out of the car and staggering into the "facilities". Thankfully I had my Radar key on me, as usual.

When I got home my cat Tara stalked out of the back door in high dudgeon as I'd been cruel and abandoned her for two days. The fact my lovely neighbour Maureen fed her twice a day obviously didn't count. Having now bribed her with half a tin of tuna (the cat - not Maureen!), although Tara is still glaring I think she's forgiven me - a little.

Hope your Bank Holiday weekends are going okay.

GraceB

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Grace ..I do hope that Bailey will be ok and sending positive thoughts to him...
    How awful that you got stuck in the traffic on the M20 thank goodness for satnavs.. :) ..like you say the traveling was bad enough..but so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit..but those poor feet...I hope you have them up ..and are planning another little get away... :) x
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I hope you've been able to relax a little since getting home, Grace. It's odd how tiring fun can be :wink: I hope the verdict on Bailey gives cause for optimism.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Thanks for the replies ladies.

Bailey is back home! He's got a lot of meds for a few days and then one in a powder form for the rest of his life. Bloods were a lot better so looks like this was pancreatitis. My friend was presented with a bill - for £1,500! Yup - you read that correctly. Luckily they have insurance which will give all but £150 back to them. Bailey has spent the evening on the sofa, giving my friend the cold shoulder treatment. :lol:

I'm still very sore but I was flaring before I went away. My neck is still giving me gyp but as I'm seeing the GP Saturday to get referral for my left knee to be replaced, if my neck is still bad I'll also be asking to go back for more physio on my neck.

I'll see what the next few days bring.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    goodness Grace what a time you have had. hopefully you are feeling a bit better now after a rest, it's amazing isn't it how every thing happens at once. glad you made it home ok and I'm glad Bailey is now back home and a bit better. Good job your friend had insurance
    for Bailey. Hopefully Tara has now fully forgiven you he he :)
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Sorry I missed this for some reason :oops:

So I am glad to see Bailey is well. I have pet insurance and wouldn't be without the cost veterinary treatment is so high!

I hope he remains well for a good long while.

I also hope that Tara is your friend again now.

Fingers crossed for your doctor's appointment tomorrow. I hope you neck is just extra cross because of the driving

Love

Toni xxx