Anyone in SW London or around?

SWLondonerRA
SWLondonerRA Member Posts: 5
edited 20. Sep 2016, 06:04 in Say Hello Archive
Hi there

I'm looking to meet up with any others around my age (late 20s - early 30s) who'd be interested in setting up a sort of support network? Just interested in chatting to others who have had similar experiences as haven't been able to find any suitable support groups or similar in this area. In fact I've only ever met one other fellow RA sufferer! Would be nice to do some walks/ coffees or any fun arthritis-friendly fitness activities perhaps?!

I've had RA/ JIA since I was a teenager and am on Humira.. Look forward to hearing from anyone nearby!

C

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums, C , from the moderation team.

As moderators we are here to help with any problems you may have using the message boards so feel free to send us a message if you need to.

It sounds as though you have plenty of experience to share and hope that you will enjoy using the forums and being part of our online community :) I know many of our members have gone on to meet each other in ‘real life’.

This is the link to your nearest A/C branch where you could meet others who have RA.

https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/help-and-support/branches-and-groups/near:51.39400999999999;-0.302662;Surbiton

I look forward to seeing your posts.

Best wishes

Ellen
  • debs242
    debs242 Member Posts: 13
    Hi C

Welcome to the Forum - I'm fairly new here too.

I am in my (very) late 20's and have had Sero Negative Arthritis for about 5 years. I have never met anyone else my age with Arthritis (although I know there are lots of us around) and would be interested in meeting others.

I don't know where exactly you mean by SW London but I live in Berkshire and work in Central London.

Debs
  • SWLondonerRA
    Hi Debs

Great to hear from you. I mean I live in South West London, so could easily meet up after work somewhere more central. Interested to see it we get any more interest. I might be also look into the local Arthritis Research branch. Do you have one near you?

Candice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Welcome to the forum.. its would be lovely to have a group of people that you can meet up with..I see that the mods have given you a link.. :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • debs242
    debs242 Member Posts: 13
    Hi Candice

I knew you meant South West London! I was trying to find out if a more central location in London would be possible for you.

I haven't been able to find any local branch that has a convenient meeting time. I've stopped driving so rely on trains to get around and the groups I've found would involve travelling over an hour each way on a work night. If there was something in London that I could get to easily after work, or even a weekend, then I would be interested.

I'll keep an eye out to see if you get any further interest to your post, as you say.

Debs
  • SWLondonerRA
    Hi Deb. I sent you a PM but it appears to be still sitting in my outbox.

Moderator- is it possible to send private messages?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Hi Candice

PMs remain in your Outbox until the person you sent it to logs back in and reads the PM. At this point, the PM will move into your Sent folder.

A simple but puzzling system, on first encounter :D

Bryn
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    It fooled me for quite some time :oops:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright