Advanced Hip Arthritis

Codie
Codie Member Posts: 2
edited 13. Sep 2016, 13:27 in Say Hello Archive
Hi

Just to let you know ...I am waiting to see an orthopedic surgeon following an X-ray that confirmed I have advanced arthritis of the hip.

I had an operation in 2008 for a labral tear and impingement, so this was expected at some point.

I love to ski and walk my dogs but now find it difficult to get out of a chair, sleep, climb the stairs and walk very far at all.

I have just turned 50 and an seeing the surgeon next week. I think I need a hip replacement but want to know what is the best sort so I can be active again.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello

Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will find support, advice, light relief and friendship here. There are others here who have had hip replacements and I am sure they will reply to your post. It may be an idea to post again on the "Living with Arthritis" page as your post will be seen by more forum member.

I am one of the moderation team, we all have one or more of the "arthritis Hanger's on" or look after family with the same.

If you need help with the technicalities of the forum just get in touch via a personal message.

Take care, best wishes

Chris Moderator.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Codie and a warm welcome form me..
    I have had both hips replaced by the normal method has I say..they are both doing well., not sure about skiing though I seem to remember this is one sport they suggest we dont do, not that I have ever tried..I think I would be back to more or less full health but for my back problems..and a couple of others..please keep in touch and let us know how you get on.we are all very good at supporting one another..
    Love
    Barbara