Finally out on my own !!

Scampdog
Scampdog Member Posts: 43
edited 19. Sep 2016, 14:52 in Community Chit-chat archive
My OH has been very supportive since my op (Trapeziectomy) but sometimes I just want to look around the shops !, today I ventured out alone for the first time to Liverpool on the Train being careful as I promised I would....bliss to wander around at my own pace window shopping, without the nagging voice "have you finished yet?" ....when my hand was starting to complain as well as my feet I was just about to get the train home when I met my two cousins who persuaded me to go for a cup of tea and a good natter ! .....on getting home rather later than planned my OH made such a fuss bless him so here I am feet up and another cup of tea, and a rather satisfied smile on my face....pity my Flu jab will wipe that off later on :wink::D

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hey, well done you! Post-op first outings are a bit daunting but you did it!

I do hope the jab is painfree. I never have any trouble with mine apart from the occasional itch.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Megrose2
    Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
    Great stuff. It sounds like a good day out. Hope the flu jab goes OK.

Meg
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Well-done you :)

My husband doesn't actually say anything much, but he waits outside of shops :(

Best of luck with the flu jab!

Toni xx
  • Scampdog
    Thanks everyone ! still buzzing from a good day out.....Flu jab was a doddle didn't feel it at all (for now) , bit tired now after my jaunt but it was so worth it
    Xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    That 'feel good' fsctor has a knock-on effect with everything, doesn't it?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Scampdog
    LOL ! here's hoping the effect will pass on to my hand ! :lol: I can dream cant I :wink: Xxx