Today is the day

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
edited 24. Sep 2016, 04:34 in Community Chit-chat archive
That Yorkshire could win the County Championship for the third year running :D

It didn't look likely for most of the season as Middlesex have been sitting comfortably on top but our lads have acquired some real Aussie steel under the coaching of Jason Gillespie and I'm sure they'd love to do it for him one last time as he departs back to Oz.

Tim Bresnan played the innings of his life yesterday and it was a cruel touch of fate that possibly the only rain in the country fell on Lords just as he and last man Ryan Sidebottom (I nearly typed 'Arnie', his Dad) were scrapping for the final, essential batting point.

But they came back after the rain and it was 'Sid' himself who hit it. They got two early wickets and now they need to bowl the rest of the Middlesex team out today. It'll be a big battle – with Somerset waiting in the wings and praying for the draw that would give them the title. I don't think the final day of the County Championship has been so exciting for years. My radio will be on all day.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Enjoy your Stickyness. Mig
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Yes, we had it on yesterday, Sticky - good luck to Yorks ( in the absence of Durham, of course.)

Arnie did a coaching session for our grandsons on Monday night - they loved it! ( not just the boys, there were about 20 boys.)
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Fingers crossed SW...and no jumping around we dont want any accidents before your move...
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    It's not looking great. Somerset will be the happiest of the three counties right now.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    And the title's gone to Middlesex - but there's always next year.
  • stickywicket
    Hm, it didn't quite go to plan :roll:

A bit of licorice allsorts really - shadow boxing for most of the day, a few freebies then the day proper started after the tea interval.

Congratulations to Middlesex. I think we'll see a lot more of Nick Gubbins.

Farewell and thank you to Jason Gillespie.

Right, when does the winter tour start :D
    Steven Wright