Latest Rheumy appointment

Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 24. Sep 2016, 04:36 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well I had another good appointment today. My inflammatory markers have started to go down so it's clear there is something else going on (which fits in with my feeling that the pain in my elbows was different to that elsewhere in my arms etc).
I am still on Pred but starting to taper down from 15mg to 7 1/2mg in fortnightly steps. If I run out before I next see her then I ask my GP and stay on 7 1/2.
If my shoulders and neck improve over the next two weeks then it's polymylegia rheumatica. Alternatively if they don't then I may have developed a form of tendonitus in my elbows which has also affected my inflammatory markers and I also have Chronic pain syndrome affecting my neck/shoulders/arms.

Go back to see her again in about 6-8 weeks and redo blood tests a few days before.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Glad to hear that you had another positive appointment and are getting some improvements from the meds.....long may it continue!!

How are you coping now you're back at school, does the summer break feel like a distant memory already? :wink:
    Deb x
  • Slosh
    So far so good as well as school is concerned, getting some decent sleep helps as does the lack of elbow pain. I'm working with some lovely pupils again and it doesn't get better than a year 5, Romania Roma boy greeting me with "I'm free in the afternoons so I can come and work with you then Miss."

I've had some not often given so valued praise and thanks from our Deputy.

Still tough at times, but I'm managing ok. Thanks so much for asking.

Oh and the rheumy nurse yesterday noted my age as it was the same as her's and said "55, you're looking good for your age"
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    If you can look good while feeling pretty ropey, Slosh, you're doing OK :D

That's quite a collection of problems you could be building up there. Leave a few for the rest of us :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Sorry Sticky, I'll try not to be greedy!

I was pleased with the compliment, especially on a Friday, mind you as I went back to work in the afternoon when it all hit me (including the fact I couldn't park close to out-patients so had a long, for me, walk to and from the car park). My blood pressure was also "very good", but that's normal for me, even before my op they thought the machine was faulty at first as it was so good.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Don't you go breaking BP machines :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright