Yes I can, the paralympic motto and me

Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 26. Sep 2016, 09:51 in Community Chit-chat archive
Just in case anyone is interested I wrote a new blog post this morning about my, very, personal response to this.
Here's the link
http://www.gillisflowers.co.uk/single-post/2016/09/25/Yes-I-can-Not-just-for-the-Paralympics
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    A very thoughtful - and thought-provoking piece, Slosh. I enjoyed reading it, and I certainly 'get' the point you make.
  • Slosh
    Thank you
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    just read your blog Slosh and it was very interesting, and felt as if I was reading about me and my own feelings on my own situation in many places. :)
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Slosh, I thought you explained things extremely clearly. This would be most thought-provoking to show people who have no idea how much of a challenge living with any restrictions can be!

And your jewellery looks beautiful by the way! You should be extremely proud that you can produce such wonderful bespoke items.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • Slosh
    Thank you GraceB, something just "clicked" (not physically ), on Saturday , and it was something I just had to write down.

Thanks as well for the compliments on my jewellery.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Slosh that is so lovely, you are seeing what is important in life and its not always being able to do what we used to...I am a great believer in writing the positives down and reading them when needed..and I adore the jewellery...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Lovely blog Slosh.

I enjoyed watching the last leg and many of the sports. I particularly loved the tennis. I didn't see any gymnastics yet am aware of several high performing gymnasts with downs syndrome or amputations. They are amazing to watch.

My Daughter has just moved to E17 and I saw the market listed when checking out her flat.

ps; love the fuschia's

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein