Pre op assessment done and dusted

nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 29. Sep 2016, 05:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
HI
So I got to the hospital before 9 am for my appointment, tried to book in, but my name wasn`t on the list. So I told them I had been telephoned on Thursday to come today as my op is next week. So off they went to ring around , and came back with the list which was blank at 9am where my name should have been! They apologised and said it was an admin error.
I went in quite soon after to a room with a junior doctor, a health care assistant and a nurse practitioner. Lots of health questions, history etc, bloods, MRSA swabs, BP, height and weight, and then a full examination of heart, lungs, neurological signs. So unless my bloods come back iffy I go back on Tuesday 4th October for my fusion surgery. EEEK!!
I got some leaflets to read too. So it is really happening :shock:
Thanks for any pocket dwellers this morning.
NB

Comments

• Megrose2
    Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Pleased it all went off well - eventually! I'll be in your pocket next week, NB.

Meg
  • nearlybionic
    Hi
    Thanks Meg, much appreciated. I need some relaxation techniques now I think. Nerves are creeping in!
    NB
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    I hope it all goes well for you next week.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello NB
    I feel your jitters..a relaxation tape is a good idea and has you know keeping busy helps..count me in and I do wish you well with it all...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • nearlybionic
    HI
    Thanks Theresak and Barbara
    I do plan to keep as busy as I am able. I am going to tackle some dull jobs like tidying drawers out, and cleaning cupboards (as long as there is no bending). These are jobs that Mr NB never notices. He is good at cooking and general cleaning but the finer details are not on his radar.
    My boss is ringing me tomorrow to ``keep in touch`. I expect her to enquire if I have found out any information as to how long I will be off work. I have no idea, and will say so. I am not giving any unrealistic expectations.
    Thanks
    NB
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Well done you NB :)

I hope you will recover very well and quickly, but who knows?

I quite agree with you and certainly it is unlikely to be before the 6 week post-op check-up!!

Hopefully the boss wasn't nagging you just being kind.

Love

Toni xxx
  • nearlybionic
    HI Toni
    The phone call with my boss was surprisingly short and sweet and asked me a couple of caseload related questions that only I would be able to answer, which was fine. And then said good luck, that was it!
    I have been doing a few tidying jobs to make things easier after my op. Eg. moving plates and dishes to easier reach shelves. Emptying drawers in my bedroom so I can put things I need to use regularly there. This has lead to 4 bags of stuff-2 for charity 2 for the bin! It is surprising how much junk I can collect :oops:
    My daughter is coming home this weekend, to see me and to help with the surprise party. I am looking forward to seeing her.
    Resting again now
    Take care
    NB