OH update

TheLordFlasheart
TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
Had an update from my manager in regards to my OH medical assesment I had 3 weeks ago, and its looking like some good news at last.

The main recomendation that came back, was for my to have a workstation assesment, which will be arranged by OH in the next week or so, and my trigger points for illness will be looked at in the future on a "case by case" basis.

One thing that made me want to laugh, was one of the questions aksed by HR was along the lines of "Is my condition covered by the Equalities Act", and at the time I mentioned I was as advised by Citizens Advice and UNITE that I am (im hoping the mentioning of UNITE might make HR think twice). I mean, are HR for real? Do they not know whats covered by the Equalities Act??!!?!?

The only negative that came from my meeting with my manager, that HR are yet to decide if they are to persue a disciplinary against me. If they do want to persue this, I'll straight onto UNITE in a jiffy.

Wish me luck!
"Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    HR have NO idea about the equalities act in my opinion. In my horrendous meeting I was asked the same question and I then pointed out that the borough sickness absence policy was not compliant with the act as it made no reference to it and did not meet good practice guidelines as there was no mention made of disability leave as recommended by ACAS in a document I gave the HR officer (I enjoyed that). I was then asked if I was disabled and if I had any evidence of this, which I found offensive seeing as I came into the meeting on two crutches and with a wrist splint on!

Glad the OH review went well and good luck
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • TheLordFlasheart
    Had some good news from my manager today, HR have decided to drop the disciplinary!!!
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Brilliant news. You must be very relieved
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • TheLordFlasheart
    Slosh wrote:
    Brilliant news. You must be very relieved

Extremely relieved, I have been getting stressed/worried, even though I knew would have the full back on UNITE.

I can now concentrate on mananging my arthirtis.