Have started physio

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 27. Oct 2016, 05:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well I managed to see the physio yesterday re my neck. He confirmed that yet again everything in my neck has squished down and my disc is prolapsing between C6/C5 thereby generating the nerve pain down my arm. He found problems as well at C2, my shoulder blade, the trapezius muscle and other "juicy, hot spots" (his words) at the back of my shoulder. All exactly as earlier in the year.

I'm now back to doing my backwards "Funky Chicken" exercise where I have to hold my head straight, and reverse it back over my shoulder blades. Again this has come with the instructions that if it makes things worse I am to stop - immediately.

I go back next Thursday for another session. It's annoying this has relapsed so quickly, as he only stopped treatment in late August but at least from yesterday's session I know it's real, I'm not wasting his time and I need the treatment.

Must go - have to pretend to be a reversing Funky Chicken! :lol: :roll:

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Now you've done it Grace!!

I'm going to sing that song ALL day!!! :lol:

Seriously I am sorry the neck is so sore ATM, but very glad to hear you are having your physio promptly and with the physio you saw before.

I hope that all your backwards clucking eases things soon.

I would warn you to take it steady, but I know you will!

Love

Toni xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    It's good that you are back to doing the exercise and I hope it helps to ease matters. I know you will be sensible and not overdo things but proceed with caution, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Good luck, Grace.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Thank you as always for your very kind replies. My neck is extremely sore so I'm struggling with my "Reversing Funky Chicken" exercises but I am trying to do them when I can. My neck will always be stiff now but it's this nerve pain which is the worst bit, especially when I drop things due to numb fingers. So annoying as this is my right arm/hand affected and I am right handed.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    How's the neck doing Grace? I hope you are doing ok and not still dropping things.

love

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Grace sorry Im late seeing this..I do hope the exercises improve that neck..mine isn't has bad but when I do my exercises I use my heated wheat cushion on it before hand it make it much easier..x
    Love
    Barbara