Amiltryptaline- blimey that worked

Paleogirl
Paleogirl Member Posts: 75
edited 29. Oct 2016, 07:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
Have been in terrible pain and the cocodamol 30/500 wasn't touching it. Yesterday after no sleep for weeks and just not knowing what to do the doctor prescribed me morphine and amiltryptaline.

I forwent the morphine and just took my cocodamol and the amiltryptaline...and wow I went to sleep. Admittedly I could still sleep now 24 hours later as I take it again so the grogginess isn't great and I couldn't take them on a work day but...it had a dramatic effect on the pain. I didn't even need to take any painkillers until tonight. I almost feel normal. It's amazing what a night's sleep can do even if it isn't artificially induced. But I'm quite amazed by the reduction in pain. I think it has also slowed me down a little which is probably a good thing as normally apparently I'm like a human dynamo...lol

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Fabulous Paleogirl I take it too :)

First day I didn't wake up until 2pm!!

I take it NO later than 8pm and sleep for 10-11 the following day is now fine for me anyway :) Only took about a week for me to adjust to it.

Finally a medication which has helped you :) I am really pleased for you ((()))

Love

Toni xxx
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    that's good to hear paleogirl. I am another who takes it regularly, not a very high dose at present. It does help with neuropathic pain and pain in legs, knees etc. I am not one to go sleepy with many drugs, but I do know they help. The Rheumy wanted to start me on 200mg
    errrrr, no, let's try 75 to start thank you. Always leave room for reserves in the future.
    XX Aidan
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • Megrose2
    Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
    I take 25mg Nortriptyline, Paleogirl, which is a sister drug to Amitriptyline. It certainly helps with pain and restless legs. It also, usually, gives me a good night's sleep, which, as you have said, can make all the difference to the day.

I take mine at 6pm and was told by a rheumatologist to always take it 12 hours before you want to get up. Works for me and I'm pleased that it's made such a difference to you!

Meg
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    I'm another that takes the amys at night..dont worry you do soon get used to them and you wont feel sleepy in a morning..
    Love
    Barbara