New different aches

Options
bertyboy
bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
edited 2. Nov 2016, 13:15 in Living with Arthritis archive
Having a bit of a rough time at the moment , different pain /aches not really sure what to call it , good knee thats my own by the way sharp stabbing pain into the knee when just laying in bed , fingers locking when using a knife , and fiddling in purse for coins and getting painful , plan on seeing dr but dont like the feelings at all .
I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx

Comments

• nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Berty
    sorry to hear you are having it tough. Although we are used to pain, when we get new one to add to them it makes things much harder. I hope that things ease for you soon, and that if you need to the GP can help. Take care x
    NB
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    Oh dear not good May :? .

I think a trip to the Doc is in order for you. Let's hope the hands are sort-out-able. My ex MIL used to get fingers doing that and steroid jabs did the job. She's had about 3 lots so far.

Most of all I really hope 'Good' Knee is not in trouble.

Best to find out though ((()))

Toni xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Arthritis, the gift that keeps on giving :roll:

I'm sorry you have new bits joining in, bertyboy. You don't suppose the new scooter is a factor, do you? When we suddenly use bits of us that don't normally get much of a workout I find these things can happen. Maybe a few strengthening exercises for the affected bits?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    Thanks for the reply's thankfully things have settled down abit , putting it down to strange bed , standing on the football pitch in the brrrrrrrrrrr cold weather . watching the youngest tiddler natural talent they reckon , and too much traveling . I am not one for taking pills other than the omzerperole (sp)and naproxine , but have Tramadol for the tough times , for me it works hit the sack last night and slept for 10 hours straight the first time in a long time , feeling a bit zonked out now but it will fade hopefully , my point is can to many pills do more harm than good by just masking the issues .
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    I'm pleased things have eased up for you bertyboy.

I remember the days of watching football every week on cold, wet pitches. Wherever possible I stayed in the car and watched from there. A garden chair might help the knees, if that's not possible, or maybe your new scooter.

I agree with you about not taking unnecessary pills. The more we take the more likely are interactions and side-effects. It simply boils down to what's necessary and what isn't. I take my DMARDS for my RA because they are essential but I always see pain relief as an option. Masking the symptoms is usually a bad thing but, as I recall, yours is OA so to me, masking the symptoms of my OA, before I had new knees and hips, was always a very good thing. It was going to go its own sweet way whatever I did. I still kept the pain relief to a minimum but, obviously, the term 'minimum' altered in value.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I think Sticky makes a good point about the use of the scooter, it doesn't take much to upset our creaky and fragile bodies.

As for pain relief I take a little and often, I regard them as essential and that way I still have the big guns in reserve for the truly rough times. My usual is four cocodamol per day, they are 30/500s.

I hope things begin to ease soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben