I am aquiring his viral spotty rash thing.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 16. Nov 2016, 07:11 in Living with Arthritis archive
It began yesterday afternoon, with what I thought was a paper cut on the tip of my left index finger. He came home with the beginnings of a streaming cold so we ate in front of the TV and were in bed by 8pm. When reading my Kindle I spotted another spot on the palm of my left hand, near my carpal tunnel scar. This morning I overslept and woke up with quite a few on both hands and fingers and now I fully understand what he meant by a 'burning sensation' when you touch things. I now have one on my left calf.

I know this is viral so nothing can be done but I do have a small stock of pred in reserve so I am debating what to do for the best. I humira-ed on Tuesday because we were planning to go to the big fireworks in the park tomorrow which may have led to these arriving. Twerp. I forgot to meth yesterday so planned to do it today until he rocked up with a very sore throat, nasty cough and stuffy nose so I haven't.

Enough already. For once I am finding hard to find the lighter side of this. Ye gods, what next? :roll: DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh no, DD! I'm sorry to hear this - may your spots & burning disappear asap.

Feel better soon.
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Oh for goodness sake......it's time all this nonsense gave you a break....... :sick-in-bed: hope things start to improve soon.

Deb x
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Oh no thats all you need hope it goes soon ,(((()))) Mig
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Sorry to hear this DD. You seem to have been plagued by nasty bugs and germs lately. I do hope sometime soon they go and pick on someone else!

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you for your replies, they are much appreciated. We're both coughing and sputtering but my spots have dwindled a little without my doing anything; I have, however, got a very sore inside red cheek and my tongue is doing what tongues do, prodding, probing and generally making things more hurty than necessary :wink: He has announced that he will go to bed to watch the rugby so that is proof positive that he is not well - what he won't do, however, is stay in bed this morning because he has 'stuff to do'. :roll: DD
  • valde
    valde Member Posts: 271
    Hope you feel better soon DD X
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Love is: sharing your spots......not.
    When I was in the library this afternoon I saw a book on display which I thought had rather an odd title -
    'Flu:A Social History of Influenza' Would have thought it was a pretty anti-social history myself...
  • dreamdaisy
    He has spent two days in bed with a raised temperature which broke the 40 degree level earlier this afternoon - a doctor is coming to visit tomorrow.

Being a nurse is hard on the joints. :( DD
  • theresak
    How is Mr.DD feeling now? I hope the GP came and was able to help. It will be hard on your joints, as you say, to continue your nursing duties.
  • mig
    How's Mr DD and how are you coping?
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you for asking, Mig. He's like this :sick-in-bed: and I'm like this. :| I'm changing the bed on nearly a daily basis and having to sit over him every 30 minutes whilst he drinks a small tumbler of water. I love him but he is an utter moron when it comes to staying hydrated. The doc yesterday told him that he can lose up to 1 1/2 litres of fluid per hour with the temperatures that he has been experiencing (I knew that from the state of the bedding) but the twerp is not refuelling as often as he should so I have to watch him drink. :roll:

Hello Theresa, yes, the doc came and he has some anti-biotics plus ibuprofen to help reduce his temperature. They have been very effective but, if it rises above 40 again then I am to tell the surgery and they will arrange his admittance to hospital. I think not, there are too many bugs and germs in that filthy place, at least at home all the germs are ours so therefore lovely. :wink:

I have decided not to meth this week which means a fortnight without. The joints are beginning to protest but needs must, I do not want what he has (apart from his money). :lol: DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi DD sorry I am late seeing this..I am so behind with LWA..
    Its sound horrible ..not good when you have to nurse on top of everything ..but I am sure he appreciates it..what on earth are these spots..I just hope Mr D improves very soon then you can get some well earned rest..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    I'm not sure how I missed this one, so sorry. Poor DD and poor Mr DD. Not easy being a nurse when you're hardly on top form yourself. I hope he's improving, as are you. You're both going to need a holiday to recuperate! Take care.
  • theresak
    How are things DD? I'm thinking of you.
  • mig
    Hows things with you both ? Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello my lovely, thanks for asking and I apologise for the delay in replying. Things could be better but I am pleased they are not worse. Thursday night he sweated through two Tshirts then three on Friday, duvet cover and duvet itself soggy plus the undersheets. :roll: We have two single beds joined together to make a superking, stupidly I did not think about buying two single quilts plus covers so I would only have to change one side of the bed. Idiot. That will be remedied ASAP! His temperature has been in the normal range for nearly 48 hours (I think) so that's an improvement.

Even though he has been very ill we have actually passed a rather pleasant week together. I have introduced him to chamomile tea - I don't know which of us was more surprised that he likes it!

I hope you and Mr Mig are keeping well. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Things are becoming mysterious. Where I had the spots on my fingers I now have patches of dead skin which are flaking and peeling off - very messy indeed. Am I bothered? Nah, it doesn't hurt so no big deal says I. DD