ANOTHER HOSPITAL APPOINTMENT

hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 10. Nov 2016, 17:14 in Living with Arthritis archive
Morning all,
Sorry I've not been online much but just so many aches and pains I couldn't be bothered with the computer.

One day I will open my diary and it wont be filled with appointments for doctors/nurses/hospitals/ physiotherapist :roll:

I've got another hospital appointment this morning. I've had my pre op assessment. This is one with a different name to all my other replacements but I assume its the group one with the physiotherapist who tells you about exercises, what will happen when you go in what will happen post op etc Its at 11.30am.

The private physio apt is still Monday 7th but still on the cancellation list....ever the optimist :lol: After today that is the next thing that happens.

Toni.....sorry I didn't answer the other thread. I mightsee if I can get the GP to give me some diazepam closer to the TKR....its still 2 and a half weeks away.

That's about it for now.......just sorry I've not been on answering anybody's posts recently but I still feel dreadful

Love
Hileena

Comments

• hileena111
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sorry, forgot to mention.........When I went for my pre op assessment I got a message saying that I had a urine infection.
    That's all I would need ......them to cancel the operation :cry:

I was anaemic as well but that's sorted now :wink:

Hileena
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Just sending some hugs (((()))) Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Me too, Hileena. I hope the anaemia stays sorted and the infection is cleared.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Hi Mig and Sticky
    Thanks,
    The anaemia is fine and I've just got to finish this course of antibiotics for the urine infection. Still got 2 and a half weeks to go so hopefully it will be sorted by then.
    It was a video about what happens when you first go in, which consultants use which anaesthetic etc. Also Post op. Then a question and answer session.

Love
    Hileena
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    Hope it all works out for you.
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you, really hope it all goes well.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • hileena111
    Hi, Just an update.

Anyone that has had a replacement will have gone through this.
    A group session, video and 2 physiotherapists.
    They talked us through pre op, what we should eat beforehand etc
    What we should wear, etc etc
    The actual op itself and the anaesthetic and then the post op.
    A lot of you will know this.
    I've had 2 hip replacements up to now and it was just the same with a different name to the group session LOL

Oh yes. I've got my private physiotherapy session on Monday so would appreciate pocket duties.
    I don't know what he is going to say but hope he has more idea what this pain is and that I get some exercises for it before my TKR

Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I've never had movies at a pre-op. All I've ever had is a nurse running through my past and the usual BP and heart tests.

Not long to go now. I bet it can't come fast enough. Keep the amti-bac gel to hwnd and don't let anyone with a cold near you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Hi Hileena,
    the mod team are all present and correct for pocket duty on Monday I hope the physio appointment goes well.
    Best Wishes
    Sharon :autumn-sun:
  • hileena111
    Hi Sticky and Sharon

Thanks for the replies.....
    Sticky this was one appointment after the Pre Op. My Pre Ops sound like yours {2 THR's and 1 TKR}
    This was another appointment........My first THR we sat should or shouldn't do round the table in group form and were told about everything we should or shouldn't do by one physiotherapist. Second THR this appointment {after the the post op} 2 physiotherapists talked to us and showed us a video. TKR was the same......
    Thanks Sharon and moderators for the offer of pocket duty on Monday.
    I will post and say how it has gone
    Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Hi
    Well I think that's all the appointments over until I go in for the TKR
    Everything went well at the last appointment It was a group appointment taken by 2 physiotherapists. Telling us what would happen pre op, during the hospital stay and post op.

I was on my way out and one physiotherapist stopped me and he said How are you? You look well? then he said "It was a fractured greater trochanter bone wasn't it?

Some of you will remember that fracture I had doing an NHS exercise after my 2nd THR. I was taken into hospital. It was the weekend and there was a consultant that I had never seen before and this one physiotherapist.
    I went in one day and was out the next day. After they had X Rayed it etc and gave me crutches {which I'm still on 3 and a half years later}

I must have made an impression :roll: That was 3 and a half years ago and I haven't seen him since that appointment the other day??????
    I recognised him but that's different. How many patients must he have seen in that length of time? Yet he still recognised me and what I was in for.

So that's it until next Friday at 7am I have to be on the ward.
    {18th}
    I would appreciated pocket duties for then
    I suppose I should put a separate thread up for pocket duties.

Love
    Hileena