Starting my arthritis journey

Kerrsa
Kerrsa Member Posts: 233
edited 15. Nov 2016, 16:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
Just been diagnosed with inflammatory arthritis in my fingers and been prescribed methotrexate and folic acid. Started yesterday and so far so good, only side effect so far has been a headache so far. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Mine are crossed for you too, Kerrsa :D I hope they help you as much as they have me.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I hope you did not take the FA alongside the meth, that should be done on another day. How much FA have you been prescribed? I'm supposed to take it once a week but keep forgetting as I have no problems with the meth. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Kerrsa
    The FA is taken the day after the meth. 10mg, two tablets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Thank you for the clarification, I appreciate it. I hope the headache has eased and you are feeling better. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Kerrsa
    Headache is much better. Was bad Saturday and Sunday but ok now. Will see again on Sat when I take my second dose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Hi Kerrsa

I don't think we've "met" yet, so hello. Good luck on your journey. It gets easier and it becomes part of your new normal. Even if you do have side effects from the methotrexate, don't worry that they will be long term. They ease off for many people. The first month for me wasn't a barrel of laughs but I don't get the effects any more and it's been a decent drug for controlling my Rheumatoid.

Hope you find this forum useful. We're not a bad bunch of people. :wink:
  • Kerrsa
    Thanks Starburst.

My arthritis is quite mild compared to some of you and I'm still able to work (with a few adjustments here and there)
    So far so good with the meth, have been tired this week but it has been a busy few days at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk