pocket duties please

nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 17. Nov 2016, 05:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I am asking for pocket duties on Tuesday for my meeting with my manager. She is coming to see me at home to discuss my sick leave , I have been off for 8 weeks this week. I had ALIF spinal surgery 5 and an half weeks ago.
I don`t know her very well as she was new just before my back gave up preop. I am not ready to return to work at all. I am not driving yet, and can only sit upright or walk for short periods before I get pain and nerve pain. I have not had my post op appointment yet, and have no date for it yet. Therefore I cannot give her any answers about when I think I will be able to go back.
The meeting is at my house so I will provide the refreshments for any pocket dwellers x
NB

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi NB
    Count me in......I'll be in your pocket

Lovely that you're providing the refreshments

Love
    Hileena
  • nearlybionic
    Hi
    Thanks Hileena and Sharon/Mods
    I will try to save some of my son`s 18th birthday cake :lol:
    NB
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Sorry I missed this NB, but hope it went ok and you didn't feel under pressure ((()))

Love

Toni xxx
  • nearlybionic
    Hi Toni
    I had a full on day yesterday so didn`t get chance to post.
    The meeting was a little uncomfortable. She asked id I had read the Sickness policy, then asked how I was, was I planning to come back to work, or when was I planning to retuen. I told her I had looked at the policy ( :roll: ) and I didn`t know when I would be ok to return as I have not yet had my follow up. She said ok, she will refer me to Occ Health for a consultation, and if I am still not back in 8 weeks they will call another meeting with HR.
    She hadn`t realised that my surgery had been as big an op as it was, although I had told them pre op. Hopefully she will be a bit more understanding now she knows???
    So we had a little small talk about office stuff and she said she will keep in touch. I felt a bit worried when she had gone as she did talk about job cuts and changes next year, and feel I would be looked on as an easy target, but all off my absence has been signed by a Dr or GP. I am covered by the DDA so hope they know this.
    My afternoon was nicer as an old friend came to visit and we had a nice chat and she cheered me up.
    Thanks for asking x
    NB
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Im in NB .Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    NB count me in and fingers crossed all goes well, but they cant expect miracles your health comes first..x
    Love
    Barbara