Hello payback, my old friend,

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 23. Nov 2016, 13:27 in Living with Arthritis archive
It's time for you to come again. (Thanks to Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel).

He has returned to work, idiot. He's nowhere near fit enough but he's a Bloke so 'nuff said.

Little Wifey, however, is not dong so well. After two weeks without my injected meds (thanks to living with and caring for a germ-ridden-temperature-spiking-bed-soaking Spouse) my joints are protesting to a very fine degree; I think they are enjoying it because I normally don't let them have free-rein so they are making the most of their unexpected freedom. They are in for a shock: humira tomorrow followed by meth on Thursday, they won't like it but I might.

I'm looking forward to moving about with less pain - ye gods, has it really come to that? :lol: Gotta love this disease! :wink: DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi DD
    Sorry to hear that Arthur is playing you up again. I hope that the drugs work, and quickly. It sounds like it is time to concentrate on looking after yourself.
    Take care
    NB
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Sending hugs DD . (((()))) X Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you Mig, the hugs are much appreciated (and needed!)

Hello NB, thank you for taking the time to reply, especially when things are currently so tough for you. It's arthritis that is throwing down the challenge, end of. DD
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Oh dear, poor you. Time to have some DD time for yourself. Rest up and take care.
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    All the best to you and MrDD. I hope his premature return to work doesn't rebound on him, and I hope the drugs do their bit on your joints and their tantrums.
    Can't help thinking it was a good thing you moved when you did - stairs would have been more than a little difficult with the amount of nursing you have been doing....
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Glad Mr.DD is over his virus now it's your turn to be looked after by Mr DD and you need to look after yourself as well. Glad your meds are back on board and that they start kicking in soon.
  • dreamdaisy
    Oh Daffy, how right you are, no way could I have managed at the old house - thank you for the reminder that I have much to be grateful for! His return to work has rebounded on him and in fine style which serves him right. In being a twerp he has neatly kyboshed all our hard work of last week, he spent last night coughing for around six hours, his left lung is crackling again, affecting his breathing and his ribs are now aching as a result of the coughing. He refused to prop himself up on pillows to help matters ('I can't sleep like that.') so he stayed awake lying down. Twerp. I decamped to the other bedroom and found myself cleaning the kitchen surfaces at 1am whilst brewing a decaff tea and listening to the cacophony emanating from the far end of the house.

I went to the orange-themed supermarket this morning and have furnished us with various D*tt*l in-wash and spray products: he uses his duvet to smother his coughing then happily re-breathes the gunk he's expelled, twerp. :roll: Men can be very disgusting in their habits, yes? I normally wouldn't bother with stuff like this but I having resumed the humira (with meth to follow on Thursday) and I need to protect myself as best I can. I am not best pleased with him, that is true to say, but he cannot help being an idiot. He's my idiot and I am rather fond of him.

Bubba? He doesn't have a nursing bone in his body, when I'm ill I look after myself, it's the only way and I do it better. :wink: DD
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Good luck, nurse DD. Our patients do test our patience to the limits but....we still wouldn't swop them. I well recall my horrible bout of gastric flu. I was offered a fry up for breakfast
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    I am pleased to report that last night was a better one on the coughing-front in that he didn't (until he got up this morning). Our bedding smelled lovely, clean and fresh (and, hopefully, mostly bacteria-free) but needless to say he didn't notice; when I told him I'd sprayed it with anti-bac cleaner I knew I was hoping for a comment along the lines of 'What a sensible thing to do.' Instead he said 'Why?'

He's been with me every creaky step of the way over the past twenty years but, apparently, still doesn't grasp the basics of being immuno-suppressed and compromised here, there and flaming everywhere.

I am content that I was never 'blessed' with good health because it prepares you for nothing apart from a sense of entitlement: when that is challenged it disappears like an ice cube in boiling water because you have nothing on which to draw for support. I thought he might have learned from his previous 'flu like episodes (and the appendix event) but no, they were too long ago to remain fresh in his memory.

I think I've redefined luxury. :roll: DD
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Some folks just don't learn from the past, either from choice(sort of) or just the way they're made. My ex and my BIL took the view that there was nothing positive to be gained from looking back to previous events to inform current decisions or actions. My daughter seemed as a child to share the same opinion which, coupled with her refusal to believe what she was told about consequences of her actions, made for some rather tiresome interactions.
  • dreamdaisy
    Well, I appealed to him this morning, asking if he would stay at home today to look after me so he made me a cuppa then went to work. :D I ache in places where I don't usually hurt such as my back and neck (bug, not arthritis) and the joints are relishing the absence of controlling meds so they're making the most of the unaccustomed freedom. On reflection taking humira on Tuesday was a mistake but at least I haven't doubled up that error by doing the meth. Gotta love this disease. :|

Our lightweight superking duvet is now smelling far fresher so I will pack it up until we are both bug-free. He is still coughing but his night-sweats have eased considerably which is a good thing. I may or may not do similarly but at least the bedding is far easier to handle and manoeuvre. The in-wash stuff is the belt-and-braces touch and maybe I should use this on a more frequent basis. We were supposed to be going out for dinner at friends tomorrow but I have cancelled for both of us, I have learned that last week his temperature (at its worst) was varying between 101 and 104 degrees for 56 hours or so so no wonder he's wiped out. Mine is raised but not enough for medicos to take any notice as it's within the normal range. FCOL - one cannot win, can one? :lol:
    DD
  • dreamdaisy
    When will this end? I've lost count of the weeks I've been very under par, we had the hoo-hah of the reflooring quickly followed by a month of reroofing (all of which he escaped by going to work). I then had 'flu, was getting better then he did his thing, set himself back and now I am struggling again. Oddly we both share something - dead skin where our little red viral spots were- oh how fascinating! :wink:

I don't think I'm asking for much, I just want to reach moderately grotty so I can get on with things that need to be done, I am falling behind with many domestic tasks but I am too tired to care, plus he's a Bloke so won't notice, so why do I feel guilty? DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you, Sharon, your kind words are much appreciated. I had a good appointment today at the asthma clinic, apparently my inhaler technique is superb plus me and the nurse shared some cracking belly laughs about all kinds of things which always improves matters (an example was a dummy inhaler, to be used for demonstration purposes only, which expired on 01 2014. I gave her a ticking off :wink: ).

Mr DD was home bright and early (3pm) so we have eaten bright and early (6pm) which means we can be in bed by 7pm. Hurrah! (Sad or what? :lol: ) DD