Physio appointment

Options
TheLordFlasheart
TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
edited 17. Nov 2016, 05:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
Went to my physio appointment at my local hospital today, no issues checking in (always nice), as I got there nice and early.

Only had to wait 5 minutes over my appointment time, got called in by the physio and had a brief assesment where I was asked about my symptoms, any aches/pains etc, what causes my arthritis to flare up(you can imagine this was a long list). The phsyiotherapist then tested my knee movement, and the overall muscle strength in both my legs (my previous physio 2 and a bit years ago found some slight muscle degredation in my quads).

Im now been referred to a OA knee group (which I found about myslef and asked my GP to refer my, but had to be referred via the hospital physio department), which also includes hydrotherapy, and this will be for 6 weeks starting on the 9th of January.

I have never known such a quick timeframe from inital GP referral to starting my treatment.
"Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well that sounded excellent care all round :)

I am impressed.

I hope you find the knee group helpful and the hydrotherapy too.

Best wishes

Toni x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    That sounds very good. Please let us know how / if the physio helps.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Dont you just appreciate the NHS when all comes together..I hope the hydro makes a difference..must say we are the same her in the north west we dont wait long for appointments and when there are seen quite soon..long may it continue..
    Love
    Barbara