Started on Tocilizumab

Options
Anny
Anny Member Posts: 13
edited 21. Nov 2016, 09:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
At last am on medication again. Now waiting for it to start working. My RA seems to have got worse though especially in my knees, they are really swollen. Can't wait for relief to come. I do hope it works. Pain getting me down now.

Has anyone else had success with this?

Anny

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I don't think I've taken that (infliximab, Enbrel and humira are my trio) but I hope it begins to ease things for you soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Me neither but it's good that you're on something and I do hope it helps.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • trepolpen
    trepolpen Member Posts: 504
    Options
    I was on it for a year & it worked very well , at the time had to have infusions but now think you can get it injected with a pen

only reason I stopped was because of other health issue & put on rituximab , good luck with it , its one of the best biologics I have been on
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I really do wish you well on the meds Anny..please let us know how you get on with it..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • scattered
    scattered Member Posts: 326
    Options
    Been on tocilizumab for 3 years (I think... they all roll together). Started with infusions and then moved on to injections when they first came out. It has been my RA saviour. It is my 4th biologic and unfortunately is decreasing in its efficacy, but I will draw it out for as long as I can.

I take it as part of a triple therapy including hydroxychloroquine and methotrexate.

Good luck with it.
  • Anny
    Anny Member Posts: 13
    Options
    Thank you all for your encouragement. It's only the 7 th day since first infusion. Everything still very painful. Now taking co-codamol to see if it helps with pain in meantime.

I hate depending on people to help me especially as my husband went through this with his Mum, who was much worse. His Dad had to do everything. I don't want to get like that.

It's good to know you are all there to put things into perspective.

Thank you
    Anny x