Newbie saying hello

KateinWiltshire
KateinWiltshire Member Posts: 4
edited 26. Nov 2016, 10:49 in Say Hello Archive
Hello everyone, I suffer from psoriatic and osteo- arthritis. I diagnosed back in 2001 when I was 52. Its been quite a journey with other medical complaints thrown in, it seems, at regular intervals just to keep me on my toes.

I started on etanercept quite early before it was officially approved by NICE after some time on traditional DMARDS. Unfortunately after some 12 years it became ineffective with the development of inflammation in the jaw. Ouch! Change of biological therapy this year to Cimzia has matters back under control fortunately but its lonely enduring a disease that so few know of and a wail and a groan is needed sometimes so here I am.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums, KateinWiltshire , from the moderation team.

We have some great members here with a wide range of experiences of arthritis and of living with the condition, many have PSA and OA as well. I am sure you will get lots of support and information from them and hopefully they will benefit from your experience too. This is the ideal place for ‘a wail and a groan’!

As moderators we are here to help with any problems you may have using the message boards so feel free to send us a message if you need to.

Please do join in wherever you like, you will be made very welcome.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

Best wishes

Ellen
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's nice to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. I too 'enjoy' living with PsA and OA but the combination of injected humira and methotrexate works for me for the PsA as well as anything can.

I began in 1997 aged 36, I am now 20 years in. I felt very alone in my early days but joining AC showed me that that wasn't the case, we are all in our various arthritic boats and paddling as best we can. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • KateinWiltshire
    KateinWiltshire Member Posts: 4
    Ouch starting at 36 yrs old is a bummer! At 52 I had already done a lot and so was eventually philosophical but it is sometimes takes a while to come to terms with it!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    A bummer? Nah, just more of the same, I was born with eczema and later developed asthma (all in the days before creams and inhalers) so for me this is logical but if you have experienced good health then that must make it harder to deal with (and accept) this nonsense and the restrictions it imposes on life. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hi there, Kate and welcome from me too. I'm another who has 'done the double' though, in my case, it's RA and OA.

I'm sorry you had to change meds - they do seem to lose their potency after a while - but glad the new one works.

Please do join us on the other forums. Just chip in anywhere. We don't bite :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello KateinWiltshire and a warm welcome form me..thats the best thing about this forum we all like to support one another so you are not alone...x
    Love
    Barbara