Struggling to cope

Options
TheLordFlasheart
TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
I know i've only had OA for just over 3 years, but im finding it harder to cope on a day to day basis. I try to keep active as much as I can, but some days its an outright struggle to get though the day.

I talk to family and work colleagues, which helps, but at times I feel like I cannot say how I truly feel, as I don't want to be a burden to them.

Alastair
"Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,494
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Alastair

Many thanks for your post, I’m so sorry to hear that you have OA and finding coping on a day to day basis has become quite difficult. It’s really good to hear that you are trying to stay active as that is such an important part of your OA.

I’m wondering if you’ve seen a physiotherapist? If not, it may be worth asking the GP for a referral.

I am giving you a link to our Self-management information, which will include our publications on Exercise, Healthy Eating, Managing pain and Living with Osteoarthritis which you may find interesting. https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/what-is-arthritis/resources?filter=Self-management+&location=

It’s really good that you are talking to family and work colleagues, though as you say it can be tough at times when not sharing how you truly feel, though I understand your reasons behind that.

By giving us a call on our Freephone Helpline: 0808 800 4050 (weekdays 10-4) I would like to think you’d be able to share with us how you truly feel, so a conversation could be really helpful for you if at any point you would like to give us a ring.

I hope this is of some help

Best wishes
    Lynda