Anyone else got a child on Arcoxia?

Options
seekingstars
seekingstars Member Posts: 2
edited 30. Nov 2016, 11:17 in My child has arthritis
Having a really tough time with my 11 year old. Was on ibuprofen on and off since the age of 6 but couldn't tolerate. Put on meloxicam a few weeks ago but really struggled so now on arcoxia. Any ideas? Advice? Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums, Seekingstars , from the moderation team.

I am very sorry to read that your 11 year-old has arthritis and couldn’t tolerate ibuprofen and struggled on meloxicam.

We have some great members who use these forums, who have a wide range of experiences of arthritis and of living with the condition. Some of them will be taking arcoxia themselves.

I don’t know whether you have had time to look at the main site, but if you haven’t you might want to take a look at this:

https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/managing-arthritis/children-with-arthritis

We do also run services for young people and families across the UK these include family days out and weekend workshops for young people so that they can meet other youngsters with arthritis here is a link, and you can phone our offices to find out more about workshops of running near you. https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/managing-arthritis/children-with-arthritis

You may also wish to post your message again on the ‘Living with Arthritis’ forum as it tends to be busier and you are likely to get more replies.

As moderators we are here to help with any problems you may have using the message boards so feel free to send us a message if you need to.

Please do join in wherever you like, you will be made very welcome.

Best wishes

Ellen
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello seekingstars

Sorry I can't totally answer your questions.

My youngest daughter has avascular necrosis brought on by cancer treatment and isn't allowed nsaids at all. All her pain relief is just that without the benefit of anti-inflammatory.

I do take arcoxia myself though. I was a bit cautious but find it a great help with my own pain. I used to get an upset stomach and belly pain with brufen and the like. The only effect I have ever had has been the odd mouth ulcer.

I hope your child, (sorry you didn't mention gender :oops: ), gets on ok with it.

Best of luck

Toni xxx