Random aches and pains

2»

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello, we're a few days on, how are things going? I hope the cold has cleared. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Kerrsa
    Kerrsa Member Posts: 233
    Cold never really developed into anything. Wondering if the symptoms could be side effects of meds or possibly allergies. The fingers are much the same, quite sore at the moment but then it's hard to avoid using them!

Not having the best morning, as have another busy day ahead of me and feeling soooooo tired. Roll on next Friday when I have two weeks holiday and am going or some R and R in South Africa.

Now just need to sort out me repeat prescription. Due my next dose tomorrow and the GP doesn't seem to be getting it right to sign off the prescription. Sigh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Well, it's good that the cold never really developed.

I can't remember your symptoms. I sometimes get vaguely sore throats that never really develop into anything and I can get the sneezles in the pollen season or where there are carpets but I don't think I've heard of the meds being responsible.

I do hope S.Africa will help. A dry climate often does seem to. But do ensure your travel insurance is up to date re the disease and meds. A tip - keep all meds in your hand luggage just in case your hold luggage goes temporarily awol. Also take an up-to-date prescription if possible as it can help at security if they get curious.

Re the repeat script - the GP can only prescribe as advised by the rheumatologist. (S)he can't take unilateral decisions about the dosage though, if needed, (s)he can prescribe a double dose to cover your holiday.

Good luck! Have fun! tell us all about it :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • pillid12
    pillid12 Member Posts: 1
    I think it is best for you to inquire your rheumatologist on what kind of arthritis you got. Try informing him about the changes of the symptoms you are currently experiencing. As he have stopped you from taking the previous medicine, try observing the effect of the current one. If the symptoms are getting worse tell your rheumatologist about its effect.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Hi and welcome to the forum from the Mods,any technical help needed just ask,meanwhile enjoy yourself on here.
    Al
  • Kerrsa
    Thanks everyone for your advice.

The symptoms I had was a sore throat and sniffles, although don't tend to get allergies this time of the year. I still have a residual cough from an earlier chest infection.

Hopefully the meds are now sorted and my partner should be picking them up later. Should have more than enough to cover my holiday, and will keep in my hand luggage. It is only one weekly dose that will be needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I hope you enjoy your break and that all stays as well with you as possible. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Kerrsa
    Thanks DD. One more week of work to survive first.

Just got a letter from the hospital with an appointment with the surgical appliance dept. I presume it's for some sort of glove.

• stickywicket
    My guess would be a wrist support. Does that make sense?
    Steven Wright
  • Kerrsa
    It could be although don't have problems with my wrist. It's the ole fingers that give me grief.

Meth dose no 5 taken last night, quite late as was at a Christmas party. Needless to say I'm very headachy this morning (and no I don't drink)

• stickywicket
    Ah, I'm pretty sure they do finger splints these days. Whatever it is, I hope it helps.

Well done on the alcohol-free Christmas party. I guess it would be quite noisy and demanding in terms of concentrating on conversations coming at you from varied directions. Enough, in itself, to cause a headache next day but, when meth-assisted, more than enough. I hope things improve over the weekend.
    Steven Wright
  • Kerrsa
    Latest update.

Been very headachy this week. And mega busy at school. The ole fingers are probably feeling the worst they've ever been and am finding I'm having to change my grip on many things with 2.5 good fingers on my right hand and 4 on my left.

But only two more sleeps until SA. Can you tell I'm excited.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Hi Kerrsa,
    I think it's quite common for people to have to learn new ways of gripping things when their fingers are bad, it's amazing how we naturally just adapt to these things. I hope your fingers recover a bit now your off for a little while. Have a lovely time in SA, I'm not surprised you're excited, it sounds wonderful.
    Best Wishes
    Sharon
  • stickywicket
    Hey, enjoy your holiday. Come back refreshed :D
    Steven Wright
  • Kerrsa
    Thanks everyone. Last day of school today. Fingers are very bad at the moment, seem to have got worse since seeing the rheumy. Maybe rest will help, although one of my favourite activities while in SA (cross stitching on the verandah) might not happen much unless I can learn to do it left handed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Kerrsa
    Me again. Will be taking dose 7 on Friday and have noticed no difference, if anything fingers feel worse. Is this normal? Also very fatigued, very noticeable now that I'm on holiday so can't even blame work.

• stickywicket
    I don't think there's a 'normal'. We all react differently to both disease and meds. I know you're on holiday and away from the stress of work but holidays can bring their own stresses. Even holding books or pens can be difficult or any repetitive action. After 7 weeks I'd be hoping for something but they do reckon up to 12. If it's no better after Christmas maybe ring your helpline for advice. (Try to have a blood test first so's they are up to date with things.)
    Steven Wright
  • Kerrsa
    Thanks SW. If no change may give them a call after my next blood test on the 29th.

Just feeling rather frustrated as feeling so tired. Thought being on holiday would help but all it's done is shown how I can't do as much as I used to.