I'm new on here

Options
Stedonnelly270
Stedonnelly270 Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Dec 2016, 07:11 in Say Hello Archive
I'm 40 years of age and have severe arthritis in both hips I'm a single parent to twin girls age 9 any advice

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello

Welcome to the forum, I am sure you wil find support, advice, friendship and light relief here.

I am one of the moderation team, we all have one or more arthritis 'hanger on' or look after family with the same.

Best wishes
    Chris
  • Amble
    Amble Member Posts: 32
    Options
    I am truly sorry about your arthritic hips. 9 year olds can keep you on the go.
    Don't hide your pain from them. There may be many little ways in which they can help? I hope so. santa
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Hello and welcome from me, too.

Arthritis plus children is a difficult combination. I did it many years ago and wouldn't like to try it again. I suggest you read up on 'Managing Arthritis', on the toolbar above. It's full of good tips and advice. It has been shown that keeping the weight down, a good Mediterranean diet, exercising regularly and not smoking all help. Also, do feel free to talk to us here because we do understand.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • HipHipReplacement
    HipHipReplacement Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Hello fellow bilateral arthritic hip haver. I don't really have too much advice to embellish on what the others have said as I'm new here too, but welcome!