Happy Christmas?

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 24. Dec 2016, 10:06 in Community Chit-chat archive
Once again I have a poorly Spouse so decided to hit Sainsbriz early to finish off leaving me free to nurse. Hurrah.

Although it was busy I clearly recall putting a fresh loaf in my trolley and some chopped tomatoes, queued up, played the frantic 'It's a Knockout' packing game against the till operator (she won) paid and left. Collected the turkey and gammon from the butcher then came home to discover that my absence had not been noticed. I unpacked to a certain degree then it was time for a rest. A discussion about lunch ensued and soup was ordered with a slice of the fresh loaf. I couldn't find it (or the tomatoes to put in the store cupboard) so checked my receipt. None were on it so I can only conclude that another shopper removed said items from my trolley.

I hope they enjoy them. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    That's very annoying DD. I doubt you will want to brave the crowds again and buy replacements.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • lindamay
    lindamay Member Posts: 118
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Once again I have a poorly Spouse so decided to hit Sainsbriz early to finish off leaving me free to nurse. Hurrah.

Although it was busy I clearly recall putting a fresh loaf in my trolley and some chopped tomatoes, queued up, played the frantic 'It's a Knockout' packing game against the till operator (she won) paid and left. Collected the turkey and gammon from the butcher then came home to discover that my absence had not been noticed. I unpacked to a certain degree then it was time for a rest. A discussion about lunch ensued and soup was ordered with a slice of the fresh loaf. I couldn't find it (or the tomatoes to put in the store cupboard) so checked my receipt. None were on it so I can only conclude that another shopper removed said items from my trolley.

I hope they enjoy them. DD
  • Amble
    Amble Member Posts: 32
    What an awful shame.
    For another time, would it be worth having a couple of these in your store cupboard
    http://www.lakeland.co.uk/p15977/Wrights-Ready-to-use-Bread-Mixes
    Then you could make one quite easily and would not have to go out again.
    If you can bear tinned tomatoes ( the plum ones are not too bad) have one of those too for emergencies.
    Do hope your husband recovers in time to enjoy Christmas.
    Make sure you get some rest too.
    Unlike your kind hearted self, if someone really did take them, then I wouldn't hope they enjoy them :x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Thank you for replying and I am feeling easier within myself. A bread and some chopped toms went astray, that's not the end of the world, is it? Yes, it irked me thanks to the physical effort involved in fetching said items but maybe their need was greater than mine. That's a sobering thought. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    I do indeed hope their need was greater than yours.....

Take care of yourself as best you can ((())) to you and

p050.gif

for spouse

Love

Toni xx
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    DD, I hope that Mr DD gets better before Christmas and you both manage to enjoy the day as much as you can.
    Take care,
    GraceB.
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I echo Grace's sentiments.

I've puzzled about this. My cynical side (never far from the surface) feels it seems odd that someone would nick your bread and tomatoes before you'd paid for them x:? I wonder if a bored child in a trolley has been re-distributing things. Or if they tumbled over the conveyor's divider thingy into the next person's items while you were packing.

Whatever happened it must have been frustrating and annoying especially when you have a sick bloke on your hands. I hope he gets well soon and you remain unbugged. Take care.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh DD ..just glad you got your soup..wonder if they were left at the end of the conveyor like our cooked chicken was a couple of weeks ago..I was so looking forward to it being nice and hot... :roll:
    Love
    Barbara