Well done Grace111

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 10. Jan 2017, 11:13 in Community Chit-chat archive
Congratulations on your weight loss to-date of 1 stone and 2 lbs. That's brilliant. :lol: Just keep chipping away at it and you'll do it. 5lbs to go and you'll get your One & A Half Stone award.

I found it helped to break my weight loss journey down into half stone chunks. I attacked each "chunk" at a time and once I'd achieved one award I mentally 're-set the clock' and started chipping away at the next half stone.

You'll do it. If I can do it, you certainly can!

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Well done from me, to, Grace111. I, too, think you'll make it. You seem to have the determination.

GraceB wrote:
    I found it helped to break my weight loss journey down into half stone chunks. I attacked each "chunk" at a time and once I'd achieved one award I mentally 're-set the clock' and started chipping away at the next half stone.

Grace, that's exactly how Geoff Boycott, one of England's greatest batsmen, used to clock up so many centuries - he broke it down into bite-sized chunks (if you'll pardon the culinary expression :wink: ) then dug in again for the next bit.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    How kind of you Grace...
    And Grace 111 you are doing so well ..you keep it up and let us know the next weigh in... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Well-done Grace111 from me too :)

Grace is right you'll do it.

Starting today, (1st January), chances are half of the country will be joining you ;)

Go Grace and please do let us know how you're doing

Love

Toni xxx
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Well done Grace111 I too am a slimming world member and as GraceB says you will do it small half stone chunks was how I did it too. and even now at target I go for how many months can I stay at target. ha ha it keeps me on track.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    So, you were ill over Christmas but managed to turn misfortune into gain - or, at least, weight loss. I think that's a big plus and a great way of looking at it.

When I had my first TKR, which involved 3 weeks in hospital in those days, all I wanted on my return home was toast and butter :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Well DONE Grace :D:D

One and a half stone is fabulous. 3lb in one week too!

I hope you are feeling better now back on your meds ((()))

Toni xxx
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Wonderful news Grace111. And you are already all-but halfway to your 2 stone award which is a lovely bonus! Now start to look on the internet "what weighs 22lbs (1stone 8lbs). If you can visualise in actual household objects what you've actually lost you'll be amazed.

Go girl - you'll do this. :lol:

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Hi,Well done on the weight losses.I have just joined slimming world , I used to be round about 9st -9st 8lb but over the last 5 -6 years i have gone up to 13st 8lb,it was so slow at first that I didn't really notice it.So I went to my first group last friday my first target is to lose 1st 8lb.Ive done this with my gps blessing indeed it was her that said give it a go it can do no harm.Mig