fings is appening

Options
Airwave!
Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
edited 19. Jan 2017, 02:49 in Community Chit-chat archive
Yes, magnolia is just a day or two away from blooming, first time in 16 years, grandson has trodden grannies daffs down (everyone keep your heads down!). Sparrows are in the forsythe arch for the last six weeks, no nest yet, oh and rose is budding? and more daylight, yeahhhhhhh!

:bee: :sun:

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Daffs are up here too Airwave, (poor Granny :( ), buds appearing right left and centre - YIPPEE!!!!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    No daffs here but the magnolia tree next door has large buds on it..hope it doesn't get damaged with frost...
    Love
    Barbara
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    Options
    The buds are showing through on my trellis, daffs are showing through too. Too early surely.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I haven't see any daffs yet, in fact the whole garden looks tired and sad but I hope that will soon change.

It's still too dark for me. I'm sending my youngest off to school in the dark, which I hate, and my Son returns in the dark with the added problem of tube strikes.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    The leaves on the bulbs are showing, my star magnolia has had fat furry buds since November but no action yet and we had a beautiful pink rose in full bloom on Christmas Day.

The birds, however? Oh yeah, without a doubt fings is 'appening on that front! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben