Have gone up in the world - literally!

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 24. Jan 2017, 15:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
My equipment arrived on Friday as ordered by the hospital re my forthcoming TKR.

Very useful kitchen perching stool. With a back rest and arms.

Plus a raised toilet seat of 4" depth! I have truly gone up in the world! :lol: (Mind you, I now realise I've probably needed that raised toilet seat for a long time). Both items have been issued to me on a permanent loan basis, but if the NHS ask for them back I'll return them and purchase my own to replace.

Already had a bathroom perching stool and grab rails by the loo so didn't need anything else.

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    You sound...er...set up(? :wink: ) now, Grace, and, yes, we often live with things for longer than we should or need to but probably better that than giving in too easily.

I've just 'graduated' to a 6" high loo seat as my new loo is smaller than my previous one. Next stop vertigo :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    You cannot beat a raised loo seat! My first one was a gift from Social Services and came with a frame, my Ma loathed it ('It makes you look disabled.') Oh gosh, really? How awful. :roll:

I am so pleased that you are finding your essential physical life a little easier to manage - it does make a difference. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Blimey Sticky. You'll be getting altitude sickness soon! :lol:

DD - yes it does rather reinforce the challenges we face doesn't it? But it's needed. As you would say, 'nuff said!

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!