Blue badge parking and motability

Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 27. Jan 2017, 16:31 in Community Chit-chat archive
Yesterday my car told me my tyre pressure was low, as I wasn't sure what to do I decided to go to my nearby TrustFord service centre as I knew it did Motability and I have a Ford (I then discovered I needed to go to K***fit but it was only a few 100 yrds away).

However when I got to the Ford place there was a car in the disabled space, not a customer car mind you, but a display car which had been parked there.

I did point out that as a Motability centre this was hardly good practice and was not sending out the right message to their disabled customers. I got told it was nothing to do with the service staff, it was the sales team who were responsible.

I have made a complaint and needless to say when I come to take my car in there for servicing I will request this space is left clear.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    :o I can't believe the utter crassness coupled with trying to pass the buck. In the USA this kind of customer lack-of-care would lose someone their job. I hope you get a written apology, Slosh, and if not insist.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Good for you hun.. I think it's disgusting to have a sales car in the disabled bay :x
    I recently had an argument with two delivery van drivers at the uni in Leeds. There are several disabled bays there and the end two are usually taken up by white van men... grrr
    So this day they were taking up the last two spaces and I was not in the best of moods to start with. So I firmly pointed out how inconsiderate they were by blocking two disabled bays just to save themselves a few hundred yards walking with their deliveries.. one of them stated they were having to park there as it was the only place left to park..
    I insisted that they move.. they did. Lol

Some people just don't care at all.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Slosh
    I really was shocked and they were lucky I was having a relatively good day.

When I went to their website to make a complaint the picture on there showed the same thing but with a different car!

I copied it and as well as my email posted a tweet with the #tag of the company as these days this is often the quickest way to get a result.

Tweet back from the area manager saying the car had been parked there by "mistake" and has been moved.

Just as well as any problem and I was going to contact motability. Be interesting to see if it's still free when I take my car in for servicing in May.

As I said the worst thing was that as a Motability service centre it sends out a negative message, especially as I presume they make money out of this.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Good for you slosh..its unbelievable..so glad the pic was on there website, honestly the very cheek of them..
    Love
    Barbara
  • Slosh
    To their credit the area manager has asked me to inform her if this happens again and has dealt with it quickly.

Still no message from the branch manager though.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    :D But I bet the branch manager has had a message from the area one :lol:

You could have done a lot of people a favour there, Slosh. One slack manager produces many slack employees.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    I agree that some hands have probably been slapped!
    Julian of Norwich
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    I regularly see delivery vans (and the Security Cash people) parked in one or more disabled bays at my local T**co. I've spoken to the store staff several times about this, just to be told the Security Cash vans need to park as near as possible to the cash machines. :roll:

I walked away disgusted and muttering under my breath. Not impressed!

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!