Simpsoni, methotrexate & virus

lynnemarie1123
lynnemarie1123 Member Posts: 295
edited 12. Feb 2017, 16:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
HO all

Happy new year.

So I'm on simponi biologic injections since oct 16 and mtx since Nov 16. CUghta virus that just wasn't shifting early Dec followed by my injection & mtx tablets.

Virus not shifting advised by Rhumy helpline to stop all meds for 2 weeks

Subsequently caught water infection, weeks worth of antibiotics. Advised by gp to not take meds until48 hours after antibiotics.
Since recovered, felt better took simponi felt fab. Took mtx felt rubbish! Now come down with a cold and feel poo.

I've got some excema down below which is flaring and now some excema patches have appeared on my face. I feel so low and down and fed up. I've an active job & lifestyle. I've tried slowing things down but don't feel any better for it.

Anyone got any advise! I'm fed up of this disease!! :(

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    You've certainly had a rough time. Unfortunately it's that time of year when colds and bugs abound. I know you work with children, those little germ factories. It's hard to avoid stuff but, for those of us with suppressed immune systems, still easier to avoid them than shake them off. I keep antibac gel in the car, the home and my handbag. My friends and family now know not to come round if they're sneezing. Eat healthily - plenty of fruit and veg. You still won't escape all colds and bugs but you'll have a fighting chance.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • lynnemarie1123
    I know, your right. I'm just struggling as on previous drug (sulfa) I never got ill. It left my immune system completely alone!! Prob an indication that it wasn't working xxx

Don't feel as bad today but I'm concerntrating on taking things easy xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Sulph is a DMARD so it will have suppressed your immune system but maybe wasn't enough to suppress the arthritis. I began with sulph (and it did nothing to subdue disease activity) so after some months meth was added. Over the years I've tried a number of drugs in combination and none have 'worked' in that all symptoms of the disease were removed . . . another dream which has failed to materialise . . . . :lol: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lynnemarie1123
    Hey all thanks for your replies.

I took all your advice.

This week I caught a tummy bug and had to have my first day off work in over 7 years!!
    As you know I work in a primary school and I fear the children I currently work with are less than hygienic! :cry: what can I possibly do? I eat lots of fruit n veg, get fresh air, exercise, take care with my hygiene..... I am worried that this is the start of things to come and quite frankly I don't like it!!
    Hooray to 5 more get ups before half term x :sun:
    Thanks for listening x