Saying hello :)

JillB
JillB Member Posts: 6
edited 2. Feb 2017, 06:10 in Say Hello Archive
Hi people, new to this place but unfortunately I'm now needing support for coping with my arthritis. Truth be told I've needed support for a good while but I'm a stubborn b**ch and just push and push myself to make myself do what needs doing and fight thro the pain. But I'm here today because today I've admitted I just can't cope with the pain anymore. I've got an urgent doc's appointment for an hour's time so I'll just blurt it all out to them and see where it goes.

Over time I'll say a bit more about my specific situation, but just can't be ar*ed right now - feeling a bit low about having to admit I just can't manage right now.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello JillB

Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will find support, advice and light relief here.

I am one of the moderation team, we all have one or more 'arthritis hangers on' or look after family with the same.

May you get the help needed from your Gp appointment.
    Best wishes

ChrisK
  • Rach101
    Rach101 Member Posts: 165
    Hi Jill, it's good you're looking for support now and I hope your appointment goes well, do let us know xx
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    Hi Jill, Admitting you got pain is a good step as theres no good in trying to hide it, and thers nothing wrong feeling a bit low when the pain strikes, we all at some point suffer from it.

Hope you appointment goes well, and were all here to offer support/listen to your moans without judgement as were all in it together.

Alastair
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • JillB
    JillB Member Posts: 6
    Thanks people for your good wishes. Had my appt but not really feeling like talking right now so I will probably post tomorrow.
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    Thanks people for your good wishes. Had my appt but not really feeling like talking right now so I will probably post tomorrow.

Sorry to hear your feeling like that, but I can atleast sympathise how your feeling. Some days I just want to be alone when the pain gets really bad, but I've learnt not to hide and talk with friends and family.

Hope your feeling better tomorrow

Alastair
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, there is no rush to post about what is going on with you because you will be typing to the informed, the knowledgeable, those who understand. We will be here if needed. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Member Posts: 3
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Hello, there is no rush to post about what is going on with you because you will be typing to the informed, the knowledgeable, those who understand. We will be here if needed. DD

Hi JillB

New here myself, just joined, so still getting used to the site. Arthritis seems to come in many shapes and sizes. Hope you feel better soon, sometimes it does seem like an uphill struggle doesn't it?