A Change of Docs

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
edited 2. Feb 2017, 03:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
I was a bit apprehensive about moving house and one of the big concerns was what would my new health professionals be like. I've been spoilt, for all my arthritic years, with great GPs and consultants.

Well, the new GPs, phlebos and podiatrist have proved very good. Today it was the rheumatologist and I'm delighted to report he was kind, exceptionally thorough (I can't remember when my hands and feet were last x-rayed or when anyone last asked about my original diagnosis of Stills or which meds I'd been on in what order), friendly and good for a laugh. He offered Occy Health (“Though you probably know as much about your needs as they do.” I agreed :oops: and politely refused) and a physio appointment which I accepted as we all get lax and need a refresher course from time to time.

So, a very good appointment and the purpose of this thread is to reassure anyone who is obliged to change docs and rheumatologists. Sometimes these things work out really well. Mine is doing. Orthotist on Friday. Bring him on :D
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• scattered
    scattered Member Posts: 326
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Sticky,

I'm so pleased that the medical move has gone well for you. I well understand the apprehension of moving medical treatment.

I just wanted to echo you: my experiences of moving medical care have also gone incredibly well. My new rheumatology team have exceed my expectations and new GP appear to be doing a good job.
  • Rach101
    Rach101 Member Posts: 165
    That's great news stickywicket! Changing docs can be very worrying so it's fab it's worked out well xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Thank you both. I told my son last night and said I was glad the doc had a good sense of humour.

"You mean he laughed at your jokes?"

"Er, yes." :oops: :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Really pleased you have found a good GP.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Change can be both unsettling and worrying but very often it's never as bad as we fear it might be. I am pleased you have found some good new people to support you and good luck with the physio! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben