Arthritis

Doughy
Doughy Member Posts: 4
edited 10. Feb 2017, 12:10 in Say Hello Archive
Hi again, I am just updating my hello/ introduction message. I am in my late years and have suffered with Psioratic Arthritis for some years. I have also been diagnosed with osteoarthritis recently. I suffer pain and some swelling in all my right hand side joints and it is now travelling to my left hip and knee. I find walking sometimes so very painful but like some of you I am on methotrexate and alot of pain relieve. The reason I found this site was because over the past few months I have developed cystitis and lower back pain so i googled for advice and hit the jackpot. I saw some great advice and joined immediately.

Thanks again everyone Doughy

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Doughy
    Welcome to the forum and thank you for telling us your story.Everyone here is sympathetic and understanding and you will soon be chatting to others who are like minded.
    All the best Christine :sun:
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello doughy and welcome from me too.

I have RA, not PsA but they're all much of a muchness in that they all hurt :roll: There are quite a few of us who have 'done the double' with an auto-immune form of arthritis plus osteo. I think mostly it's because we didn't get on DMARDS early enough to prevent the damage leading to OA but I do recall at least one forum member who did it the other way round.

I take methotrexate and hydroxychloroquine. I've had several joint replacements but I've been 'doing RA' for many years. I'm not keen on so-called 'painkillers' as they don't :lol: but I usually take a couple of co-codamol going to bed.

Have you seen anyone about the lower back pain? Sometimes these things happen simply because we're walking wrongly due to pain elsewhere. A physio might be able to give you exercises to help it.

Cystitis is nasty. I've had it a couple of times. I hope the antibiotics have sorted it for you by now.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, I too have PsA and OA but I am fortunate in that my lower back is OK (apart from when I do something idiotic) and I do not have any trouble with cystitis (for which I am grateful).

I guess I am fortunate in that my pain is evenly spread over both sides. I take injected meth and humira (an anti TNF) plus 30/500 cocodamol to dull the sharper edges of my pain - I've done the stronger stuff but I prefer to be aware and hurting rather than unaware and (supposedly) pain-free: not being aware of the pain doesn't mean it's not there.

I apologise for not seeing your other message but things are not too good; I am not at my best. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben