Enbrel ......stings like fire

valde
valde Member Posts: 271
edited 15. Feb 2017, 03:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
Good Afternoon All
Just thought I would let you know I tried all suggestions to try to stop or ease stinging like hell fire when I inject this. None worked so today I phoned Health Care At Home who deliver my injections and they were very nice. I spoke with a pharmacist who took notes and said and said she will pass all the information to supplier of Enbrel and I asked her to let me know if there had been any change in meds or injection. She said she was not aware of any but would look into it. I explained that I had been injecting this for a good few months now and only recently experienced very bad stinging and burning. I am now at the stage where I am dreading my next injection.

If I get any info I will let you know.

Only one change has taken place with the pen. At the beginning I had to press pen down firmly on site and it clicked I had to wait for second click and then remove as long as the window colour changed to purple. No stinging. I was sent new injects saying there will be no second click just endure window has changed colour. Stings like hell fire !
:bee:

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'm sorry I can't help, valde, but I think you've adopted the best plan all by yourself. I hope it can be sorted. Quickly.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh dear, I wonder if they have changed the constituents somehow? I hope you can find an answer and soon, I am sorry that everything we suggested hasn't helped. It's a weekly injection, isn't it? That must make it harder.

A friend (who is a retired rheumatology nurse) would happily administer methotrexate to patient after patient but it would take her up to two hours to psych herself up to do her own. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben