Osteoarthritis in Several Joints

Sleepy72
Sleepy72 Member Posts: 3
edited 5. Mar 2017, 07:54 in Say Hello Archive
Hi,

I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in several joints in January. My GP referred me to a rhuematologist as she wasn't sure what was causing all my pain and it was the rhumatologist who made the diagnosis.

Work have been great, I have already had an occupational health assessment and am going to get a desk environment assessment soon. The only issue is that I have to use holiday to cover any appointments if I can't rearrange my working pattern.

Hubby and kids are supportive (well my daughter as my sons have left home) so I can take it easy when the pain is bad.

Other than that I am just trying to find ways to get exercise which is one of my go to stress relievers that doesn't cause me pain.

It was great to find a forum that appears to be so supportive so I am happy to have become a member.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi sleepy72
    Welcome to the forum so glad you have found us.There are a lot with Arthritis RA and OA on the forums who will be very supportive and understanding. All the forums are good our busiest being LWA and Chit Chat.
    All the best and chat away.
    Christine :sun:
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    You seem to be coping well with your diagnosis but it's still always good to talk on here to people who just 'get it' without any long, boring explanations. I hope you'll feel free to join in anywhere.

I have RA (with OA as an added extra) and I know the importance of exercise even when we are quite limited in what we can do. Have a look here and see what you think https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/living-with-arthritis/exercise-and-arthritis
    I'll look forward to seeing you around :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Sleepy72 and a warm welcome form me
    Exercise is a must with any Arthritis..just to keep the joints form fusing ..gentle stretching is always good..and it helps to have such a good supportive family... :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hi, it's nice to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. I began with one affected joint, twenty years on it's around forty and I have done the double with an auto-immune arthritis which has led to OA. I wish other areas of my life were as successful! :)

My rheumatologist 'ignores' my OA and the GP my PsA. I can't ignore either. :wink: The PsA is controlled with medication and the OA with pain relief, rest and the occasional anti-inflammatory. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben