Ear pain.

Becky88
Becky88 Member Posts: 96
edited 8. Mar 2017, 14:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
Good afternoon. I have been experiencing several health issues recently. The latest is ear pain. Has anyone else experienced this? I think it might be related to arthritis in my jaw....or a TMJ problem. Otherwise, could it be put down to the medication (Hydroxychloroquine, Humira, Naproxen etc)? Many thanks.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    The short answer, Becky, is that I've no idea but, with ear pain, my first thought would be an ear infection or even a recent cold which might have resulted in you blowing your nose very hard. Ears are very sensitive things.

In your situation, I'd give it a couple of days and, if it's no better, let the doc check it out.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Becky88
    Thank you stickywicket. I always appreciate it when people are kind enough to help with a reply.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hey, you're welcome :D It's also nice to be thanked :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    As ever SW sends good advice! I have jaw arthritis but it doesn't give me earache, but we are all different. Things like a recent cold can cause congestion that can cause earache. Hope it settles soon, I find a warm pack can take the edge off earache, or simple pain relief like paracetemol. Hope it settles soon.

Deb x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    It is tempting to blame everything that happens to arthritis and the meds but that is not necessarily the case; it seems very unfair but other dross happens because it can.

You said that several health issues have been troubling you lately, does that include a nasty cold? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Becky88
    Thank you, Deb, for your reply.

With regards to your question, dreamdaisy, I had a sore throat and a bit of a cold back in January. This earache just seems to be lingering. It fools me onto thinking that it has gone on the odd day but then it returns again. Like you, I am on Humira and it is often difficult to know whether a symptom is connected to the medication or whether it's just another general ailment. I will be probably switching to Tocilizumab soon as the Humira isn't working well enough. Thank you very much for your reply.