UPDATE ON GP APPOINTMENT

hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 7. Mar 2017, 16:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
Thanks for your support girls.
The appointment went quite well. I told her that the consultant had said he didn't want them reduced until I had my MRI, the results, and talked to him. She accepted that and said your medicine check is in May anyway so if I don't hear from the consultant before that we'll have another look at it then.
She then mentioned that I was still on Oramorph for breakthrough pain. Are you still taking that?. I am but not as much as I was. At one stage after the TKR I needed it. Now not so much so we agreed she would decrease that. I'll know when I get my next prescription what she has decreased it to.

The next thing is......1 consultant and 1 registrar said I needed diuretics for swollen ankles {they have been like this for about 18 months} she wont prescribe them because she doesn't believe in them. When my consultant found this out on Friday he was angry and started dictating a letter to her in front of me.
He said he would like her to get in touch with him and explain why she wouldn't prescribe them.
He will also have written the usual letter consultants write after an appt. That was only Friday so it will be a while before she gets it.

Love
Hileena

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    That sounds much better and I'm very pleased for you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Thanks Sticky.
    A lot better than I expected.

Love
    Hileena
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    That sounds positive and perhaps better than you expected.... hopefully things will keep moving forwards, fingers crossed on your behalf.

Deb x
  • hileena111
    Thanks Deb

Love
    Hileena