Saying Hello

Denise
Denise Member Posts: 4
edited 15. Mar 2017, 03:44 in Say Hello Archive
Hello to one all, I am a 'young' nearly 67 years old and I have just been diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis, following a very painful previous 18 months. I do not have the skin complaint Psoriasis but it is in my family, including my 2 daughters and one of my grandchildren, one of 6.
I had been visiting my dentist and had several X-rays on my jaw line as my teeth were painful, yet nothing showed up. I started to visit my GP as I was experiencing weakness and then pain in my wrists and fingers, my rings were becoming really tight. The hips started to become sore as well. In the end as I was getting no answers from my GP I requested a private referral to a rheumatologist, 2 weeks later and 5 minutes into the appointment the diagnosis was made. I am now on Methotrexate injections (through the NHS) and am slowly becoming my old self as I seemed to have disappeared. It was my consultant who directed me to this site and what a favour he has done me. The site is so informative, helpful and supportive and I can't wait to greet and be greeted by everyone. A month ago I wouldn't have felt able to put a smiley on anywhere. :sun:

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums, Denise, from the moderation team.

I am sorry to hear of your diagnosis, but very glad you have found the Arthritis Care forums. You must have an excellent consultant if he/she suggested the site to you :D such positive news that you feel able to add a smiley already after starting on MTX :D

I can see you have already noticed how informative the forums are and what lovely members use it, but just in-case you hadn’t found it yet, here is a link to information about PsA:

https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/do-i-have-arthritis/a-z-of-types/85-psoriatic-arthritis

As moderators we are here to help with any problems you may have using the message boards so feel free to send us a message if you need to.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

Best wishes

Ellen
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's lovely to hear from you and, even better, read that the meth is helping you in such a positive way. I too have PsA without much of the P and also do injected meth plus a fortnightly dose of humira. It sounds as those yours has been caught nice and early, I am positive that the sooner one begins the meds the better outcome will be and I am very pleased for you. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Denise
    moderator wrote:
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums, Denise, from the moderation team.

I am sorry to hear of your diagnosis, but very glad you have found the Arthritis Care forums. You must have an excellent consultant if he/she suggested the site to you :D such positive news that you feel able to add a smiley already after starting on MTX :D

I can see you have already noticed how informative the forums are and what lovely members use it, but just in-case you hadn’t found it yet, here is a link to information about PsA:

https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/do-i-have-arthritis/a-z-of-types/85-psoriatic-arthritis

As moderators we are here to help with any problems you may have using the message boards so feel free to send us a message if you need to.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

Best wishes

Ellen
  • Denise
    :-D
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Hello, it's lovely to hear from you and, even better, read that the meth is helping you in such a positive way. I too have PsA without much of the P and also do injected meth plus a fortnightly dose of humira. It sounds as those yours has been caught nice and early, I am positive that the sooner one begins the meds the better outcome will be and I am very pleased for you. I wish you well. DD
  • Elle1971
    Elle1971 Member Posts: 1
    Hi I'm new here