HILEENA

frogmorton
frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
edited 20. Mar 2017, 07:37 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have just heard from Hileena.

On Wednesday night she had a fall outside a friend's house. Fortunately her husband had dropped her off and saw her go down. He took her straight to the hospital where they treated her before letting her go home.

She has broken her RT shoulder and also damaged her RT elbow :( She is right handed :roll:

Luckily she has two stair-rails and can get upstairs at home.

She is obviously in an awful lot of pain at the moment as we can all imagine and being right-handed can't even text or type.

She asked me to let you all know

Take care everyone

Love

Toni xxx

Comments

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sending Hileena all the love and very gentle hugs, hope she starts to feel better soon.

Deb x
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Hileena,
    So sorry to hear this. I hope you feel better very soon xx
    NB
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh no, what sad news to read. If you are in touch with please send her my best wishes, I understand what she's up against and it ain't fun. :( DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Thanks for letting us know Toni
    Oh poor Hileena..she was just about getting her confidence back after the fracture in her hip..wishing you a speedy recovery ..will be thinking of you...(())xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Oh dear! Poor Hileena! I remember when DD did the same - not too long ago - and it was difficult and painful for her for some time. I hope Hileena makes as good a recovery as she did.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Dear Hileena,

I am so sorry to read this posting about you from Toni. I can hardly believe that you now have this to contend with, what with everything else. It seems to be one thing after another for you. This is just so unfair.

Sending you love, healing vibes and gentle hugs.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Sorry to hear about your fall Hileena. Sending some healing hugs for a speedy recovery.
    Christine
  • frogmorton
    How lovely is this forum.

:D

People popping in just to be caring.

I will make sure Hileena knows how lovely the response has been

Thank you all

Love

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    Toni it os lovely of people to pop in and post
    Just leaving more hugs for Hileena..like Elna says its just not fair.wish I could help more...(()) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Thinking of you Hileena,

Take lots of care and lots of rest now, probably can't do much else just now! Try to remember not to overdo it when recovery starts

Love
    Yvonne xxx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi this I my left hand I'm R handed and that's the side I fell on
    One broken shoulder and an elbow that is very sore. I have a collar and cuff on which is just foam rubber, loop round my neck and another one that my wrist goes through and that's iy no more support. SORRY for any typos. I have to see the consultant Wed so could do with pocket duties then please. Don't know if I'll be able to do an update but will try to get a message through
    love
    Hileena
  • frogmorton
    Hileena!!

Well-typed :D

How lovely to see you :)

Of course we'll be there on Wednesday all of us when you get checked over.

Take it easy and I hope the pain isn't too bad ((()))

Love

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    Hileena..I knew you would give it a go..get a message to us through Toni and I will be in pocket duties wishing you a speedy recovery...I really do...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Hileena,

So sorry to see this and hear you've had a tumble. You really could do without this couldn't you? I hope that the appointment on Wednesday goes okay and yes, count me in for pocket duties.

Hope your recovery from this isn't too frustrating and painful. And bearing in mind you typed your post with your non-dominant hand, I agree that you did extremely well with that.

Take care.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • hileena111
    HI I felt dreadful tonight and ended in the walk in. The doc there said to up the oramorph to 10 ml every 4 hrs. I've never had more than 5ml before and this past few weeks 1 had 1 5 ml in about 2 weeks. I'm in bed with a "hottie" hope that helps a bit Thanks for pocket duties
    LOVE

HILEENA
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Oh dear Hileena, you really are in the wars. Sometimes life just feels ridiculously out of control doesn't it. Sending very gentle hugs and positive thoughts your way. I'll hop in the pocket on Wednesday...I hope that you get cared for as well as I was when I broke my collar bone in the new year.

Deb xx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Hi Hileena

Sending you lots of gentle hugs and some healing vibes. Thinking of you. Good luck for Wednesday

Best wishes
    ChrisK
  • ImNotFinishedJustYet
    ImNotFinishedJustYet Member Posts: 20
    Hileena - this is the first time we've met, but I wish you all the best in your recovery.

Good luck on Wednesday!

David
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Hi Hileena, sorry haven't been around for a while, been under the weather. Sorry about your accident, take care and hope the oromorph is helping I know it can make you feel like a zombie. :shock:
  • barbara12
    Oh Hileena I am so sorry ..its not surprising that you feel awful I should imagine that the shock and pain is rotten..I hope that it start to ease very very soon....thinking about you ...(()) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    I recall the foam sling very well, it made me very hot so I would wedge a flannel between it and my neck, and another around my wrist, to mop up. I hope the extra oromorph is helping to remove more of the pain from you rather than the other way around. Keep resting, that is absolutely the best medicine but I hope you are still able to do your knee exercises every now and again. DD
  • barbara12
    Just an update form Hileena
    She has had xrays and as you can imagine it was very painful to move the shoulder in this and that position..her consultant said her shoulder is not going back to were it should be..so she has been referred to a shoulder surgeon, I think she said 2 weeks...and she says a big thankyou for all that have posted..
    I really hope this doesn't mean another op for her..wishing you well Hileena..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Oh dear, that doesn't sound good, how very awkward and distressing for her. Thank you for the update, Barbara, if you are in touch again please wish her well from me. DD
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Barbara

I am devastated to hear that Hileena is in such pain. This was a very bad fall she had with nasty repercussions. How awful to have to wait two weeks to see a surgeon about it and then, more likely, further waiting after that. She is in such a lot of pain and trying to cope with all the other painful joints too. My heart goes out to her. Please remember me to her and send her my love as we go back a long way on the forum and I am just so sorry to hear she is going through such a long bad patch. Thank goodness she has such a caring, helpful husband.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • hileena111
    Thanks everyone,
    Still cant type much
    Still very sore, this is going to be a different hospital

DD you said how hot the sponge was at night.. Yesterday the sling snapped :shock: I rang the district nurse, they don't carry them, the GP ditto, they said go back to the QE where it was put on. Quite a distance away. We rang Hexham hosp. they could do it, itd closer. WEnt there today, she btought out a navy sling, more substantial, goes round my neck then my hand slips in it. She said not to wear it in bed at night, others didn't say anything so assumed it had to be worn at night :?

Thanks again everyone and sorry about the typos

Love
    HILEENA