Indyref2

Airwave!
Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
edited 17. Mar 2017, 06:18 in Community Chit-chat archive
From a southern point of view the Scots politicians driving on their quest for national independance appears to be at odds with the mood of the country, do they really want to face economics on their own, the possibility of borders and tariffs and being run by the EU, apart from drawing a line between the friendship and most likely relations south of the border that have centuries of history to share. Would a Scottish fisherman be glad to share his waters so readily?

It does seem to be an obsession. What do you think?

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I honestly think that most of the Scottish people don't want this, it seems to be all down to NS wanting more power...hopefully the people will see sense..
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I think it's a simplistic solution to a complex problem.

The purpose is probably to save Sturgeon's career just as the purpose of the Brexit referendum was to save Cameron's. The latter didn't work and the former probably won't either.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • 5hellsbells
    5hellsbells Member Posts: 49
    As a British Scot...i wish sturgeon would stop the greivance tactics and focus on the day job!! :x

I hope indyref2 doesnt happen....but it will still be a firm NO from me!!
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Would N. STURGEON be on the wrong side of Scottish elections for Holyrood, timewise, if a independance referendum was delayed until after Brexit?

Might the nationalist party be out of office or with reduced seats by then? Or is my mind too devious?