Pocket duties requested for 18th March

TheLordFlasheart
TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
edited 19. Mar 2017, 05:06 in Living with Arthritis archive
First of all, I'll apologise for not been so active here for a while, just been really busy with work (we've had a lot of announcements and my job security aint looking great).

I have my pain clinic appointment at my local hospital this Saturday, so if anyone is free for pocket duties for moral support, it would be a help.

If anyone has been to a pain clininc before, I would like to know what to expect when I attend.

Alastair
"Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Alastair
    The pain clinic seems to be my second home..so here goes..firstly they are different depending on where you live,
    I had to fill in a long form... were on a picture of a body is your pain ..how bad is it 1 to 10..and questions on how the pain effects you ie are you feeling depressed..then they have a long chat and offer different meds and also injections ..I had them in my back hips and thumbs..they will review you later on to see how things are..some also offer acupuncture..I will be in pocket duties ..good luck..
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, thank you for the reminder that this appointment was approaching and you can count me in. I sincerely hope that they will be able to help you, don't try to make light of anything just tell it how it is for you. I have been to a pain clinic, I recall filling in a questionnaire about how pain was affecting my every-day life and they did their best to help. I wish you well - I can't help on the work front as I was self-employed and retired many moons ago, having soldiered on for seventeen years. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • TheLordFlasheart
    Thanks for everyones support, right now im trying my best to deal with the pain, but its getting harder to manage. Im now experiencing pain when I walk up/down stairs, when I get up from sitting down and when I walk about (as in to and from work).
    I sincerely hope that they will be able to help you, don't try to make light of anything just tell it how it is for you.

I will just tell how it is, and how its affecting my life on a daily basis.

Alastair
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    You can count me in too Alastair for tomorrow and wish you the very best of luck.

((()))

Toni xx
  • TheLordFlasheart
    Well, I attended my Pain clininc referral (I hope you all took notes, for those that joined me).

I fillied in the questionnaire, and pretty much all my repsonses were a 8 -10, as in my life is really affected by my OA.

I had a good chat with the consultant, and agian how my life is affected on a daily basis etc and possible options. As a result of this, I have now started on BuTrans morphine patches (5ug/hour), and due to go back to the pain clinic in 2 months time for a review.

Thanks again for all the support.

Alastair
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Glad it went well.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Well done,

A good result, I hope your pain is becoming more controlled - and you have a follow up appt!

Take care

Yvonne and the team x