Hi

AliB
AliB Member Posts: 41
edited 21. Mar 2017, 08:34 in Say Hello Archive
Have just joined today... and saying hello I have it confirmed a week or so ago that I have severe arthritis in both hips and am now on the waiting list for a hip replacement ...left on first as that's the worst. It can't come quick enough as far as I am concerned as it really is impeding on my life at the moment and gets me down from time to time..especially as I really don't enjoy the dog walks any more...after 10 mins I feel really uncomfortable....at least something can be done so must bare that in mind. My biggest regret was to keep putting off going to the GP in the first place ...had I gone 6 months or so ago am sure I would have had one new hip by now !!!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums, AliB, from the moderation team.

I am very sorry to hear you have severe arthritis in both hips and it’s affecting your enjoyment of walking with your dog :( Good news that you are on the list for surgery though. I can promise you will get lots of support from the members on here, many of whom have similar problems to you.

As moderators we are here to help with any problems you may have using the message boards so feel free to send us a message if you need to.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

Best wishes

Ellen