Rib pain?

nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 21. Mar 2017, 12:09 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I have finished my phased return to work but I am still doing less days per week whilst using my holidays up. My brain is back to `normal` ( haha) for work purposes, but the body is not. After the spine op I was feeling like there was some improvement in my back symptoms. But the pain levels have been creeping up and my fab GP has prescribed some more Tramadol to add to the long acting ones. I am using heat as soon as I get in from work, but I have started to have get pain higher in my pine and radiating round my ribs. I am also experiencing sciatica again. AArrgghh!!
I have made an appointment to see the GP next week. My next neurosurgeon appointment is end of June.
Has anyone had rib pain? What did you find helps? I am finding wearing a bra so painful, but for decency`s sake I must when going out! :shock:
Thanks for reading x
NB

Comments

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi NB,

Sounds like you're having some problems again, but at least your GP is on board and supportive which is a huge bonus.

I don't have spinal issues but have had sore ribs because I get nasty chest infections....when that happens I resort to a soft sports bra which supports but doesn't dig in, might be worth trying one, they're not very expensive and most of the big supermarkets sell them, or of course on line shopping sites. I also look for non-wired soft/comfort bras because they're more forgiving when the ribs hurt...

Deb x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh NB you are suffering...and I feel for you having to work..but good on you for getting back even if it is less hours..quite a few years ago now I posted about rib pain..not sure if it was related to my back..but it went after a few weeks..but if you are worried please see your GP..I know its hard to keep going back to them but not everything can be put down to arthritis..hope it eases very soon xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • nearlybionic
    Hi Dibdab & Barbara,
    Thanks for your replies. I have got a sport bra that I wear for pilates etc, but it is bright pink! so not always practical :lol: I might have to look for a more neutral one.
    Barbara, I have a GP appointment on Monday. I do feel like I am always either on the phone to him or at the surgery! But I have tried to wait it out for a few weeks and it hasn`t gone by itself. I am using the good old hot water bottle when I can and it does help a bit. I had to let Mr NB do the cleaning up today. We do share it , but I couldn`t bend at all to do much so I just dusted anything at waist height.
    I am staying indoors today, out of the torrential rain :shock:
    Take care x
    NB
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi NB
    I have bought a couple of the sloggie bras, they are lovely and comfy and similar to sports ones....think that is how you spell it..and its not your fault that you have had such an hard time..so try and not feel guilty about seeing your GP..not easy I know..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • nearlybionic
    Hi Barbara
    I have just been to see the GP. He thinks I probably have Fibromyalgia also, which I have suspected for a while. He has changed me to Pregablin instead of Gabapentin. So I will give it a try.
    Has anyone found Pregablin more helpful?
    Thanks
    NB
  • nearlybionic
    Thanks Sharon
    I have read through that thread and agree with comments there about tiredness on the Pregablin. I was quite drowsy this morning, I hope to feel less so tomorrow as I am working and need to be `with it`!
    NB