Hallo from a facet joint arthropathy sufferer

vallyguest
vallyguest Member Posts: 2
edited 13. May 2017, 01:31 in Say Hello Archive
Hi, I've been diagnosed with facet joint arthropathy, and I was wondering if there were any other sufferers out there? Thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi vallyguest,

Welcome to the forum, living with osteoarthritis is much the same whichever bit is affected. Take a look at out booklet about this

https://arthritiscare.org.uk/assets/000/001/060/Download_Living_with_Osteoarthritis_Factsheet_original.pdf?1441120217

What advice were you given along with your diagnosis? There are a few folk on the forum with facet joint problems too, I'm sure they will post with advice and information they were given at the outset. Sometimes weekends are quieter than during the week.

Have a look at the different areas of the forum and join in wherever you feel comfortable.

Take care

Yvonne x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, I have arthritis but different ones to yours and they've been rumbling on for twenty years. Everyone on here can understand the impact these things have on our lives (and the lives of those around us). More people look in on the Living with Arthritis board on here and you may find some of the threads and topics to be of interest. Feel free to ask any questions you may have and we will do our best to answer - we are not doctors so cannot give advice about diagnosis and medication but we know our onions about the everyday mundane stuff involved when coping with arthritis.

I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Fiona88
    Fiona88 Member Posts: 8
    Hi , I have facet joint problems in my Lumbar spine and although I've had steroid facet injections didn't find they helped at all , plodding along with life as best I can and just joined this forum to see how everyone else is doing

Fiona
  • OutdoorMaz
    OutdoorMaz Member Posts: 19
    Hi there

I have been diagnosed with lumber facet joint OA as well, just got the letter yesterday in fact. Mine is one of a few areas affected it seems but is not yet the worst thing about me!

The rheumatologist was quite insistent that I take up Pilates. I was dubious as I thought I got enough exercise as it was and didn't see how more could help but it's wonderful. I go to a beginners class which is where I'll stay I think! I'm hoping that by keeping mobile in a controlled and supervised way I might be able to keep it at bay for as long as possible. Might be worth a go if you are up to it.

Good luck Maz x