Has there been some forum tweaking recently?

Options
daffy2
daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
edited 1. Apr 2017, 08:15 in Community Chit-chat archive
I don't know if anyone else has been affected but a couple of days ago all the threads went blue(ie unread) and just this evening I found I couldn't log in because I was no longer remembered.
I suspect this may be something to do with my end of things so I need to ask my son , but just thought I'd check here as well.

Comments

• applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I've not had any problems. Hope you can sort it out.
    Christine
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    I had a similar problem last week, daffy, which I attributed to delayed jet lag on the part of my tablet. I don't know what colour the threads were as I've been on here very little while away but my tablet certainly forgot my login details and so did I :roll: I finally tried my most ancient password and was in. My suspicions are, though, that our problems are not related.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    I'm all normal ( :wink: ) apart from windows keeps saying it's showing only secure content and want that pop-up to disappear permanently :roll:

Love

Toni xxx
  • daffy2
    Options
    The 'threads read' is OK today but when I came to login I was persona non grata again, despite ticking the 'remember me' button last time.
    So it's probably M,soft or Google doing something unhelpful. I wish they wouldn't interfere, the 'improvements' are never that in my experience.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I haven't had any troubles but that could be because I am a Luddite and therefore generally mistrustful. I clear my data after every session, I do not save any passwords so manually log-in to every site to which I belong (this is my only social site, the rest are shopping-related :oops: ).

I don't say this often enough so hopefully this is a good opportunity: thank you, AC, for providing this valuable resource. Arthritis is a lonely disease but, thanks to the forum, that loneliness is eased, you provide a steady source of comfort and support. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    Wow! Thanks Sharon.

Nice swift response :D

Much appreciated

Love

Toni xxx
  • daffy2
    Options
    Thank you Sharon, I have logged in manually and ticked the box so will see how things turn out this time.
    As Toni says, swift response, many thanks. You put many large organisations to shame in your 'customer care'.
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Thank you so much Sharon and the team. That was very quick.
    Christine
  • daffy2
    Options
    I've done the ctrlF5 thing and ticked the remember me box but I'm still having to log manually - fortunately I can remember the details without having to check!
    I'll ask my son at the weekend - it's probably about time he had another remote-control furtle in my PC to make sure everything is OK.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    DD's learned a new word: furtle (she likes new words). Crikey Daffy, that's a gem! Is a furtle the same as a fettle or does it vary in some ways? I'm no expert on either but my gut reaction is that a furtle leads to a fettle. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • daffy2
    Options
    DD I have no idea where I picked that one up but it was a long time ago, and no it's not related to fettle. I use it in the sense of poke around(sometimes negatively as in risk of undesirables accessing my bank account) but more often in the sense of a gentle rummage to look for something.
    A made-up meaning I see from googling this is furtive fondle.....
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Oooh, interesting! In our house it's always been 'furkle'. Furkling often begins as an amateurish attempt to fettle something but often results in much more fettling than originally warranted. That's because Mr SW is big on bodging.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • daffy2
    Options
    I saw that 'firkle' came up several times as an alternative to 'furtle', especially in the more northern outposts.
    Your mention of Mr SW's bodging made me think of wooden legs, and then of the Joint School that made an appearance here last year. I wonder when bodging started to be a less than complimentary term rather than a description of a craft process?
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I've had some problems signing in today on here, I was unown!! And my password was wrong! And when I went to change it and had an email with authorisation code I put it in and it said it was wrong and I when I signed in with my normal password it was okay!! Think the site has some gremlins in it at the moment!! :o