Just wanted to say hello

SonjaB
SonjaB Member Posts: 5
edited 1. Apr 2017, 08:16 in Say Hello Archive
Hello everyone,

This is my first post so please bear with me.
I came across this forum by chance and can honestly say that after reading some posts i no longer feel alone in what i've been going through and would love a bit of advice please.
I have OA in multiple joints and have struggled with work for the last 12 months, i am off sick at the moment due to a procedure i had done last week and partly because i have been harassed and threatened from work.
I know they want rid of me and have been told they will send me to Occupational Health snd write to my doctor and to not even consider going long term sick.
Where do i go from here i'm so worried please help. x

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi sonjaB
    I am so sorry to hear that you have been having such a rough time with your osteoarthritis and that on top of that you are having problems with work. We do have a very useful section on our website about working with arthritis that also covers your rights, you can find it here https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/living-with-arthritis/working-with-arthritis
    It might also help you to talk to our helpline team on 0808 800 4050, the calls are free and confidential. I am sure our members will also be able to share their ideas with you on how best to tackle your difficult situation. I am sure you will have lots of other questions and the best place to post is in out "living with arthritis" forum. Meanwhile welcome to the forum and keep us up to date with how you are getting on
    Best Wishes
    Sharon
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Hello Sonja, sorry to hear you are having work problems on top of the arthritis ones. I think a lot of forum members have found that seeing Occupational Health can be a positive thing as it is their job to suggest what can be done by your employer to make things easier for you to do your job. Do you have a union rep who can help support you?
    Keep posting, there is a wealth of experience of this kind of situation among the members and there will always be support and encouragement when you are feeling down.
  • SonjaB
    Thank you both so much for your replies. I feel as though work would just like me to resign, it is my line Manager and her Manager that have been causing me the stress, from excluding me from conversations to being short tempered with me. Unfortunately i'm not in a Union and can't go to HR as that is where i work. Do you know who would be the best person for me to speak to?
    Kind Regards
    Sonja
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Oh dear that makes things difficult doesn't it? How ironic(but sadly not that surprising) that it's HR being the problem rather than the solution as they should be.
    All I can think of is to contact Citizen's Advice for help with how your employer should be addressing the issue and what to do if things go wrong.
    Also it might be worth posting on the benefits and working matters board(and doing a search/reading through some of the posts if you haven't already done so) and/or posting on Living with arthritis which has the biggest and most active readership.
  • SonjaB
    Many thanks once again Daffy2 i will definitely contact Citizens Advice. x