One You.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 4. Apr 2017, 14:58 in Living with Arthritis archive
I'm sure you've seen this in adverts, it's a government-initiated campaign to help the general populace improve their health. I decided to have a go and, after answering some basic questions I came to a page where I had tick the box that best described me: as that was the 'ill or disabled' box that's the one I marked. I don't regard myself as ill but I am definitely disabled so was hoping to supply further details or information about my needs as the quiz moved on. Yup, shoulda known better :wink:

I finished the quiz and was told that I needed to move around more and take part in physical exercise. :D No, really? :roll: Why include a box if you cannot be bothered to address the needs of that box? I concluded that this quiz was devised by the healthy, to address the needs of the carelessly healthy who have thoughtlessly forgotten to look after themselves because they thought they would never have to. Is this a new definition of luxury? DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I hadn't seen any adverts but I had a look and tried to do the quiz - about 5 times in all but my screen kept freezing. Probably my ancient tablet's fault. Igot some way in though. The page where you click on how you describe yourself does allow up to 3 options and I clicked on two others also which might make a difference. No questionnaire is perfect but I did feel they were trying. I'd just quite like totget to the end :roll:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • littlemimmy
    littlemimmy Member Posts: 111
    Options
    I've just done the quiz, and got a 7. I think that no matter what you put, it'll still tell everyone that they need to exercise more and eat better.

It did show me a page that said not to worry if it suggests something I can't do, and I could make changes in other areas instead. But I think they'll just tell everyone to do a couch to 5k, stop drinking and eat more fruit. And who doesn't already know that?! As you say, DD, I think they're targeting people who genuinely don't know that biscuits are fattening!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    :lol: Oh I like that, littlemimmy. I reckon Mr SW might fall into that category. He still firmly believes that, as he does a lot of regular exercise, he doesn't need to restrict his diet. And this despite an ever-expanding waistline.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright